Tractor
    mt180hd

Default HELP MT180 HD

Please help me as I'm at a lost end. I had to take my transmision apart to replace some gears and now holy cow, when I removed the Grown gear I had to remove caps with 6 bolts on each, behind caps were shims, I looked at them and they looked the same but I did not pay more attention to them.
    Now that I am putting everything back I figure shims are not in right place because when I attach the drives the whole thing tightens up that you can hardly turn the xls. My question is how do I tune the grown gear, how do I measure the gap in the teeth, seems it needs to be shimed properly. All is good till I attach the drives and tighten them.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
    LOU

Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

Default Re: HELP MT180 HD

Lou, is it the shims behind the bearing carriers for the differential? I just sent you another page from the manual that I had left out. It describes how to shim the ring and pinion based on how the gears are engaging with each other. Paragraph 129 mentions that the shims behind the bearing carrier need to be noted and left in their original positions. I think you had already disassembled the tractor before I sent the manual pages and I probably would have done the same thing you did under the circumstances. It sounds like you will have to do a little trial and error with the shims to get everything back. You need to measure the shims to see what their individual thicknesses are and make some educated guesses on which way to move the carriers from side to side. Let me know if I have left out any more manual pages that are referenced that you may need.
    Darryl