Staoh Beaver 370

/ Staoh Beaver 370 #1  

gringo9000

Tractor
Staoh 370
Good little tractor. 3pt arms are stuck in the up position. What could cause this, any ideas how to fix it?

/ Staoh Beaver 370 #2  
Good little tractor. 3pt arms are stuck in the up position. What could cause this, any ideas how to fix it?

I am not familiar with this particular tractor. However, most 3pt setups have a knob, usually under the front of the seat, that controls the rate of drop. It is essentially a valve that controls how fast the fluid drains out of the internal lift cylinders when letting the arms down. If this knob/valve is tightened (clockwise) all the way, the lift will be "locked." If the valve hasn't been used in a long time, it may be stuck so it won't turn. If so, you might try some penetrant on the shaft of it and/or loosen the packing collar, if it's made such that can be done.

Good luck!

/ Staoh Beaver 370
Thanks. This tractor jjust has a simple lever up/down/neutral. No twist handle.

/ Staoh Beaver 370 #4  
Do you have an implement on the arms? There's only gravity to lower them, and not much of that without something mounted. Try standing on the drawbar - it'll test your balance too! Do the arms stay up running or not running? Can you describe your history with this rig - how long you've had it, what you've done with it, what you use it for?
Jim

/ Staoh Beaver 370
No implements only the upper arms. We have been using the front loader mostly and have had it for a year. It had been sitting for a long time when we got it. My 200lbs. wont move it.

/ Staoh Beaver 370 #6  
I'd sure try something heavy well attached and leave it when you have a few days. Maybe the lift piston seals are stuck to the cylinder? Do you have a service manual? Is the lift cylinder internal? Do you have a heavy implement like a brush hog you can manouver onto the 3-point?
More questions.
Jim

/ Staoh Beaver 370
Its at my place in the mountains about 60mi from me. next time I am there I am going to slip a pipe over the upper arm and try some leverage carefully.

Thanks for your advice.

Floyd

/ Staoh Beaver 370 #8  
I had one of those ,,,,,the hydraulic pump is on the front right side of the motor, with suction and pressure lines running to the three point,,,the hydraulics on the tractor do not run anything other than the three point. Does the handle have resistance when you move it?,,,,( is it not connected) or broken?,,,,does the tractor sound like it is running in bypass?,,,,,do you use the three point?,,,it could just be stuck from rust. That's an odd tractor, one of 2-3 models where it has a PTO that turns in the wrong direction, so there aren't many three point uses for it, and I could see it not getting used

/ Staoh Beaver 370
Thanks for your reply. The PTO rotates CW. Handle is free and hyd is not running in bypass. It had a front loader and it works fine. The 3 pt is probably stuck form lack of use.

Floyd