1992 JD 1070

/ 1992 JD 1070 #1  

tecsec02

Tractor
John Deere 1070
Have a drive train issue I pulled the tractor up to the garage to change the blades on the mower and it started to rain so i pulled it up into the driveway. The next day my wife got on it to mow and it would not go into gear while it was running. This happened before and john deere said to start it in low range coast it into gear and hold the brake untill the clutch disk broke free. this time something broke free now there is no rear dirve but if i put it into 4x4 and the front wheels drive. I pulled the clutch cover and clutches are working any ideas would be great.

/ 1992 JD 1070
anyone have any clues
:confused:

/ 1992 JD 1070 #3  
I have the same tractor but have not had this issue. Can you now put it into gear? In all three ranges or just low? I'm thinking there must be something that snapped in the transmission. Unfortunately I've not torn into mine so I really don't know where to point you. I'd check the service manual as well as the parts manual to see if you can get a diagram of the entire drive system. From here you could at least start to troubleshoot the parts individually. Just some thoughts.

/ 1992 JD 1070 #4  
Check the exterior mechanical linkages.