mf 35 perkins diesel

/ mf 35 perkins diesel #1  

felds

Tractor
mf35
Looking for a little help. Tractor running fine then just quit! Turns over, does not fire. Pulled fuel lines, fuel flows...what kind of pressure should primary pump generate?

/ mf 35 perkins diesel #2  
Hi! First change fuel filter. Primary pump deliver low pressure 7-14 lbs. You must remove or purge water from filter canister every month . Missing fuel . Now you have air in the injection system. After filter change you must remove air first at injection pump then at injectors . Good luck! Oldmech

/ mf 35 perkins diesel #3  
u need to bleed your systeme as your tractor got air and bang staled is normal

/ mf 35 perkins diesel
oldmech,

Thanks so much for the info!
I was thinking that was it but short on time.
Thanks so much, I am not getting any pressure at inlet to first stage filter while cranking starter. Based on your info, I will now get a rebuild kit for my primary pump.
Will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,

Felds (new to tractors)

/ mf 35 perkins diesel #5  
Hi! First now ! You must to have some fuel flow(no pressure) From tank at fuel pump input. Disconnect the input line at the pump if no flow . Line is clogged between the tank and the pump. May be some rust inside tank. Primary pump trouble are rare. You know fuel can feed injection pump by gravity! Good Luck! Oldmech

/ mf 35 perkins diesel #6  
Big Dean Posted this online a few years back. RIP Dean.

Hope this helps. :)

/ mf 35 perkins diesel
Well I had a beautiful day to work on the tractor...unfortunately it didn't go so well for me. I started bleeding at first stage filter, then second stage filter...I did get some air out of second stage. Then I went to the lower bleed port on injector pump then the upper. I got air out of the upper. I opened up the compression fitting on the injector closest to the front( I couldn't open the other ones) and cranked the motor...fuel came out but it didn't start. It didn't seem like real high pressure. I went thru the whole system again. Several more times. I did the upper bleed on the injector pump first then the lower( does that matter?) No luck. I replaced the primary pump and bled the system again: first stage, second stage filters then upper inject pump followed by lower injection pump. I didn't get crazy high pressure out of injector compression fitting as far as I could tell. Not sure what to try next.

/ mf 35 perkins diesel #8  
Make sure you bleed the lines going to the injectors, all of them. if you have bleed out the injector pump and gotten all the air out of it and bleed the injector lines and do not get high pressure you may have a bad injector pump.
WilliamBos posted a good picture and instructions of your injector pump and how to bleed out the system. If you have to pull the injector pump you will need to know how to get the engine on TDC unless your injector is timed by a key way. Perkins used several different ways for timing. If you aren't sure you may want to get some one who knows or check with your local perkins distributor for the timing information. You can find your engine build number above the injector pump and just below the head. will start with two letters followed by some number then a U and some number ending with a letter. If you have that info they can give you the timing information. Hope you can get it figured out and running.

/ mf 35 perkins diesel
Well this time I went to bleed the system and I brought my wife to observe and confirm all air was gone. We plugged away and discovered that we were not getting any real flow out of the injector pump. We went ahead and started at the filters again. Then inj pump. We used crows foot type wrench to loosen the compression fitting on the engine. Finally while cranking the starter we were able to see a good splirt of fuel from the injector pump at each of the three points.

Hooked the lines back up and she fired right up.

What a feeling!!! Thanks for everybody's assistance. I also have to give my parts man/mechanic friend credit for telling me to get out there and keep at it.

Felds