TRACTOR STUCK IN 2 GEARS AT ONCE

/ TRACTOR STUCK IN 2 GEARS AT ONCE
Unfortunately, I didn't get Dollar Bills suggestion until after the damage was done.I went on Arts suggestion of prying the gear thats stuck. Apparently,this tranny needs to be shifted into neutral and let the clutch up to check that it is indeed in neutral,before shifting to another gear. It's always gotten jammed when shifting from one gear directly into another. Going in with a magnet today to find chicklets. Thanks again for your comments. Got an education today. Dan

/ TRACTOR STUCK IN 2 GEARS AT ONCE #12  
it sounds like the shift pattern is worn. you really need to shift these trans when stopped, vs on the fly.

soundguy

/ TRACTOR STUCK IN 2 GEARS AT ONCE #13  
hi , i have a 4600 , the driver complained that no 2 was not taking nicly and there was a noise when it was ingaged , i remove the selector cover
of the tranny to take a closer look and found 3 teeth broken off right at the root , on the 2nd gear , i spoke to the driver and he said that there was no
noise at all (any signs of two gear locked at same time )about three months ago i had changed the selector cover and replaced the bottom cluster shaft
with new springs and ball and those loc pins to stop the driver ingaging two gears at once , i beleve i did everything correctly and followed the manual
to the leter . has anyone have any advice , thank you