Simplicity 9518 tachometer cable

/ Simplicity 9518 tachometer cable #1  

hunter55

Tractor
Simplicity 9518-Allis Chalmers 5015
I have a simplicity 9518 tractor that I need to sell but I need to replace the tachometer cable to get the tractor ready to sell. I am having trouble locating this cable. I sure would appreciate any leads as to where I can find one. I can sell it with it not working but the tractor is in such great shape for it's age I would like it to be complete and in working order.

/ Simplicity 9518 tachometer cable #2  
Welcome to TBN! I have heard of some folks using a universal speedometer cable for this on other tractors. Should be available at most auto parts stores. Let us know.

/ Simplicity 9518 tachometer cable #3  
I second the generic speedo cable, found one in the help section at autozone. How much you selling it for?

/ Simplicity 9518 tachometer cable
I looked everywhere for a factory cable with no luck. I tried the local auto parts store with the same results.
I went ahead and advertised it without the cable last Wednesday evening and sold it on Thursday afternoon. Not having the cable was not an issue to the guy that bought so I did a lot of worrying for nothing. Oh well that was the only thing on the tractor that didn't work and he didn't mind.