IH 1066 hyd. Question

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question #1  

mmccubb

Tractor
international 1066, John deere 4430 X2, John Deere 4630, John Deere 3010, John Deere 3020
I am trying to find where i can pull hyd. service for a loader valve on a 1978 1066. I see 2 plugs under the seat and i am wondering if that could be a supply and return?? If you could help that would be very great :confused2:

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question
i should have started this in the hydraulic thread sorry

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question #3  
G'day an IH 1066 is an open centre valve system so you should be able to tap into the inlet of your remote bank, just pull the inlet pipe off and run it to the inlet of your loader valve and return to where you pulled the hose off at remote bank. This just means that the loader gets oil supply before the remotes but that is not usually a prob. I am sorry but i do not have my book here but i do not remember any other take off points for the hyd. Good luck with it.

Jon

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question
the remote valve is a open face valve the only line coming out of it are the out lets. i looked into getting a power beyond plate just few minutes ago but since tractor came stock with only one remote i does not have and end cap over the other side of the valve. thinking about t-ing off the steering might be the easiest least expensive way.

thanks for post had you not got me looking for lines probably would have not thought of the steering.

Unless some one has a remote valve that i can purchase for way less than new????

matt

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question #5  
Worthington Ag Parts lists a "valve end cover with power beyond" that may be what you are looking for. Why not run a loader valve off the rear remote? If having the lone remote tied up is an issue, consider a multiplier such as Fasse makes. "Teeing" into the power steering circuit is a really bad idea. You might take the flow directly from the power steering pump and run it through an open center loader valve and then back to the power steering circuit, but you would lose steering when operating the loader. I also doubt that the power steering pump has enough flow to run the loader at an acceptable speed.

Kim

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question #6  
G'day as kim said tapping into the steering is not a good idea, steals oil from a vital part of the tractor and not enough flow as they run a seperate pump to run steering and brakes. What i meant was to put the loader valve in line to the remote valve you do not need a power beyond plate/valve just make sure your loader valve is open centre, it just means that your oil flow goes to the loader first and then into your remotes. We have done dozens of this type of install over the years and not had a problem

Jon

/ IH 1066 hyd. Question
I have decided that the way to go is buy a dual valve kit from Worthington Ag Parts. This will now make my single remote tractor a dual remote and after pricing other options this is actually the cheapest. The kit is only 500 bucks includes everything but o-rings, valve plus power beyond block was 700.

really do not like all the little piddly expenses going into this project.

Thank you for the in put
matt