Need help with a New Holland 269 Square baler

/ Need help with a New Holland 269 Square baler #1  

jon1996

Bronze Member
I have my uncles New holland 269 Square baler here as he wanted me to look at it,

The problem is it is tying a loose knot on one side of the bale, It has some sort of adjustment bolts or nuts but I have not the slightest clue what they are, I have never seen a baler up close and it has alot of mechanical parts that must be in time to work,

Anyone have any clue to point me in the right direction

/ Need help with a New Holland 269 Square baler #2  
G'day first thing to do is check the twine tension coming out of the box and see if it is equal, if not then tighten up adjuster til they are both the same, if i remember correctly it should be about 11lb pull

Jon

/ Need help with a New Holland 269 Square baler #3  
Twine tension at the box has little to nothing to do with twine tension on the bale.
Buy, borrow, download, or steal a copy of the operator's manual for that baler and read up on bale shape adjustments. If it is tying knots, leave the knotter and twine adjusments ALONE! Replace worn feeder or bent forks, and adjust them on the feeder rail to change bale shape. Rake consistent windrows, and feed the baler so each bale has about the same number of plunger strokes. The back of the feeder housing can be adjusted forward to choke the incoming charge of hay in extremely light windrow conditions.

Search for publication # 42026910 here:

Choose Items

/ Need help with a New Holland 269 Square baler #4  
i have a 269 new holland and the knifes are missing by about a quarter of an inch and not cutting some of the hay what should i do. how do you ajust the plunger head

/ Need help with a New Holland 269 Square baler #6  
I have my uncles New holland 269 Square baler here as he wanted me to look at it,

The problem is it is tying a loose knot on one side of the bale, It has some sort of adjustment bolts or nuts but I have not the slightest clue what they are, I have never seen a baler up close and it has alot of mechanical parts that must be in time to work,

Anyone have any clue to point me in the right direction

Go to You Tube and search "small square baler knotter" This is a video put out by Speery New Holland and narrated by a service engineer. It shows in great detail how the knotter operates but does not explain adjustments. Its well worth the time watching.