trouble again

/ trouble again #1  

Wayne Collins

Tractor
Kubota B26
Just bought a JD332 with the Yanmar Diesel.
Put the mower deck on it and made one pass and it started to die.
Took the PTO out and put it in neutral and it continued to run. Tried to drive it back in garage but putting it in gear or engaging either of the PTO would kill the engine. any help apprieciated.

/ trouble again #2  
Hi Wayne... welcome to TBN.
Well, those are pretty generic symptoms (i.e. could be a number of things), but I'll take a stab.

I had similar behavior when my fuel pump was going out. Now, I don't mean to imply that your fuel pump is going out, but rather that it might be a sign of a more generic fuel issue: something in the line, filter clogged, old fuel. If you just got this machine, do you know how long it's been sitting?

Of course, it could be one of the other essentials for the engine to run: air and "fire" (I don't know much about diesels as opposed to gas engines). Have you checked the air filter?

Don't want to send you on a wild goose chase by suggesting too much, given the sparse details... Can you provide any more details, and then other folks might chime in with specific suggestions?
Best to you.
-Mitch

/ trouble again #3  
I agree that this sounds like the engine is not getting enough fuel. You may need to drain and clean the tank, flush out or replace the fuel line, and definitely replace the fuel filter. After all that, you will need to bleed the air out of the system. Many of the newer JD/Yanmars are self-bleeding, but yours may not be.