Kubota Clutch issue B71

/ Kubota Clutch issue B71 #1  

Blackgranite

Tractor
Kubota B 71
I have an older B71 that will not disengage the clutch when the petal is pressed down. It just keeps going. Adjusted the clutch for max petal travel to make sure the pressureplate springs are pushed all the way in. Still keeps going. Will try to break it free from the fly wheel by pushing on a large tree with the cluch pressed down. But never had this issue in the past and the tractor sat for months. This time it was 30 days. Throw out bearing is greased and moves foward I can see it through the inspection plate. So if all fails how do i change the clutch, TOB and PP? In a truck i would pull the transmission. Can i pull the 3 cy from the bell housing from the front of the tractor? Some site say break or split the tractor, where? What do i need to be careful of and where do i start..
I have rebuilt 14 727 auto and 4 engs but in another life so i am not a novice but here, splitin a tractor is all new. Kinda like it though.
Any advice would be really great
Thanks Kurt.

/ Kubota Clutch issue B71 #2  
Try rocking the tractor back and forth in gear engine off. Maybe repeated torque reversals will do it. Try it warm and cold. Leave the clutch pedal blocked while it sits til this is resolved.
larry

/ Kubota Clutch issue B71 #3  
I had the same problem with my older kubota the clutch rusted to the pressure plate. My son drove it around his property for a week back and forth and finally it broke free. Now when parked it has a block of wood keeping the clutch from engaging and rusting in place. Hope you can get it to break free without splitting your tractor.

/ Kubota Clutch issue B71
I dropped it in to 1st gear and low range found a large pine tree and jogged the clutch a few times and she broke free. No i am parking it in a drier spot and with a block on the clutch petal. Thanks for the help. Still 1 question can i just pull the motor out with bell housing to change the clutch?

/ Kubota Clutch issue B71 #5  
When the clutch on a l series Kubota stuck and would not disconnect the transmission from pressure plate. Removed all parts necessary to seperate at bell housing then blocked the engine so would be stable. Had a hoist hold the transmission removed bolts and seperated the transmission shaft found the throw out bearing had came loose from retainer. replaced and made sure the clitch was free and put tractor back together.
If you have rebuilt a vehicle with manuel transmission very little difference in method.
I would think the B series is simular in design.
ken