Harbor Freight smells

/ Harbor Freight smells #11  
I have never purchased anything from Harbor Freight. I did order a catalog from them a little over a year ago. Even though I have never placed an order, the Company sends me another catalog nearly every two or three months. I suspect they are attempting to entice me in buying some of the sale items posted all over the front and back pages. :laughing::D

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight smells #12  
Maybe we should replace the long running thread "Harbor Freight Tools That Don't Suck" with "Harbor Freight Tools that Don't Stink". :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight smells #13  
I have never purchased anything from Harbor Freight. I did order a catalog from them a little over a year ago. Even though I have never placed an order, the Company sends me another catalog nearly every two or three months. I suspect they are attempting to entice me in buying some of the for sale items posted all over the front and back pages. :laughing::D

I buy from them all the time and they don't send me catalogs. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight smells #15  
It is strange that harbor freight smells so much (so I have heard) but princess auto (the canadian version of harbor freight) doesnt smell at all. Also everything I have bought at princess auto (not that much) has worked perfectly.

/ Harbor Freight smells #16  
It is strange that harbor freight smells so much (so I have heard) but princess auto (the canadian version of harbor freight) doesnt smell at all. Also everything I have bought at princess auto (not that much) has worked perfectly.

Maybe it's because yankees need some stink.:D

/ Harbor Freight smells #17  
I buy from them all the time and they don't send me catalogs. :mad::mad::mad:
If I hadn't already discarded the last catalog I received, I would have sent it to you. Perhaps you should try calling the 1-800 number and request getting on their mailing list. That would probably work.

/ Harbor Freight smells #18  
"I love the smell of HF in the morning....it smells like....cheap chinese crap..."
With apologies to the writers of "Apocalypse Now"

:laughing: :thumbsup:

Hopefully, the chinese don't start making condoms.......:laughing:

They've got over a billion people in China; I doubt very much they have any clue as to what a rubber is, let alone what it's used for.

It is strange that harbor freight smells so much (so I have heard) but princess auto (the canadian version of harbor freight) doesnt smell at all.

It's that cold crisp Canadian air that keeps the stench away. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight smells #19  
That stench followed me home a few years ago when I purchased 3 furniture dollies, the carpet covered wooden frames on casters. They stunk sooooo bad I had to keep them in the shed as they overpowered the garage. Fast forward 3 years and they still stink, but at least they can live in the garage now.

/ Harbor Freight smells #20  
I've got plenty of tools and such from HF.. if I din't... I'd have less tractors, and no way to work on them, affordably.. all that said. I've noticed that in their manufacturing process, just about everything has a light coating of a fine, sometimes even sticky machine oil or some sort of lube. this lube IMHO, is what stinks.

even the plastic has this lube on it. I'm guessing it is perhaps a release agent or just a lube left over from the manufacturing process.. in any case.. at least their stuff don't rust... :)

soundguy