fuel injector pump help

/ fuel injector pump help #1  

topwrench

Tractor
universal 340
Hope someone can help me with my injector pump. Have a Universal 340
2 cyl diesel tractor.The injector pump won't work. Just suddenly stopped.
I am concerned with retiming my pump back to engine. What should I do /
look for before/after removing? Any sense trying to take apart myself
to see if it is anything easily repairable without a real huge repair bill?
Thanks for any advise Christine

/ fuel injector pump help #2  
injector pumps are not really to be messed with unless you have built these before and have all the proper tools. somewhere on the pump should be a tag that tells the manufacturer and all the spec numbers for setting it back up upon repair/rebuild to match all factory standards get these numbers and let us know where you are located can get you in touch with someone close by you to get it fixed.

/ fuel injector pump help
Hi Mitch. Can't see any tag or numbers . Have lots of tools. Am licensed mechanic, but
not on diesels. Located in northern Ontario far from any dealer.

/ fuel injector pump help #4  
the problem with injector pumps are they have to be so specific in setting basically back to o/e standards and most require very special tooling not sure how close you are to new york state but there is company named d and w diesel several locations across new york and pa there office in auburn ny is 315-253-5300 they should be able to help and possibly can direct you to someone closer to you if they cant help let me know i can get in touch with others who can tell me about builders in canada

/ fuel injector pump help #5  
Did it run out of fuel, trash, water in line, blocked fuel line preventing flow? Injector pumps usually don't just quit with out some symptoms.

/ fuel injector pump help #6  
Get yourself a shop service manual for this tractor,it'll tell you how to R&R and time the injection pump + there should be a trouble shooting section.

/ fuel injector pump help #7  
it should have a cav pump on it which is a very common brand of pump