rubber tape

/ rubber tape #1  

farmboy238

Tractor
Kioti DK45se HST + JD 4066m
I am looking for an adhesive backed rubber tape that is also heat shrinkable. I would lake it to be 2 or 3 inches wide. Is there anyone that knows about this and where to get or any other info for a product like this.

/ rubber tape #2  
I have been buying it at the Electric Supply House... it's been awhile.

/ rubber tape #3  
I don't think it shrinks, but F4 tape will probably do what you want.

/ rubber tape #4  
There is a tape that some window installers use. It is about 6" wide and very stretchy. It has an adhesive backing that is very sticky. It isn't shinkable but will stretch to fit really well. Once it sticks to itself it will tear before coming apart.

/ rubber tape #5  
http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=AqWpTqzWFqWWiQehq4n3Ag&ved=0CEcQ8wIwAQ

If that does not work...Google "self amalganating tape". We use it at work for cable splices and insulation, great stuff. May not be what you want but it may be an idea. Pretty sure Home Depot carries it. When you wrap your splice(or whatever) you stretch it and wrap it at the same time. This causes a reaction and it will form a flexible, yet solid protective layer. Do a couple layers and make a final layer with regular electrical tape and you are good to go.

I make splices that are used down to 10,000 feet underwater and carry up to 3,200vac.

/ rubber tape #6  
i've seen the self vulcanizing rubber tapes at the flea markets and such.. would that work?

soundguy

/ rubber tape #7  
What do you want to do with it?

About the only thing i can think of is 3m splice tape. Like 130C. You can then take that and put a sleve of regular 2 wall heatshink tube over that.

Something like the film that they put over boats might work, but its not rubber, adhesive or available in tape form.

/ rubber tape #8  
Morris Products 60230 Self Fusing Amalgamating Tape 16.5ft

If that does not work...Google "self amalganating tape". We use it at work for cable splices and insulation, great stuff. May not be what you want but it may be an idea. Pretty sure Home Depot carries it. When you wrap your splice(or whatever) you stretch it and wrap it at the same time. This causes a reaction and it will form a flexible, yet solid protective layer. Do a couple layers and make a final layer with regular electrical tape and you are good to go.

I make splices that are used down to 10,000 feet underwater and carry up to 3,200vac.
I got a roll of that stuff at princess auto, really cheep, and very usefull.

/ rubber tape #9  
Our maintenance guy at work uses a lot of liquid electrical tape. I haven't really used it, but he swears by it. You might try that.