2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner #21  
I put about 2 oz per gallon of Sea Foam at the pump when I mix the 2-cycle gas. Oil is one of the ingredients in Sea Foam.

Sta-Bil is good but I quite using it and moved Sea Foam because it preserves fuel like Sta-Bil but also cleans the fuel system and engines and you use the same product for gas or diesel.

Sea Foam is good to run in a transmission a couple hundred miles before a total change out of the fluid. A couple cans in the backhoe worked hard for a few hours before draining and replacing filters is good to help insure the fluid left in the system is free of moisture and that the control valves are cleaned well.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner
Also, your screws being 'all the way open', do they have limiter caps on them? Most limit what the consumer can do to the adjustment (because of the EPA standards).

Nope, no limiter caps and the manual even shows the red and white screws with instructions to turn the high speed screw all the way counterclockwise with the other screw half way to start adjusting. Neither of them turn more than half a turn.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner #23  
There have been some other good threads about the grief ethanol blend fuels are causing. Here in Maryland, with all the water and outboard engines, the boat mechanics are going nuts trying to keep outboards running. Not in a good way, since they fix them, but a month later, the owner is back with more trouble. The answer seems to be, if you can't find straight gas (and around here, it's hard to find) is to drain the fuel out of any open, vented system if you aren't going to be using it for a week or longer. I find Seafoam works great as a fuel system cleaner, but those who pointed out that it attacks neoprene and other rubber componets are right on. It's a complicated world.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner #24  
Try OMC 2+4 fuel conditioner and carb cleaner. I learned about it with '66 100hp with would gum real bad if not run dry. Was formulated for old carbs.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner #25  
When in doubt 41JANZ7VSGL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Sea Foam does seem to work really well also.

/ 2 Cycle Carburetor Cleaner
When in doubt View attachment 236323
Sea Foam does seem to work really well also.

Been a long time since I used Marvel Mystery oil, but it's always been a good product for a lot of uses. Of course, I used to regularly use Marvel Mystery Air Tool Oil when I was repairing/rebuilding mechanics' air tools.

And every time I think of Marvel Mystery oil, I'm reminded of one of our customers when we had a Texaco service station in Marietta, OK, in 1956. He drove a 1950 Ford that he kept looking and running like a new car. And when we changed oil in it, he wanted Texaco oil and substitute a pint of Marvel Mystery oil for one of the quarts of motor oil. Texaco branded oil was a non-detergent motor oil. Havoline branded oil was Texaco's detergent motor oil. So his method resulted in a high detergent motor oil and obviously worked well.