Adjusting clutch

/ Adjusting clutch #1  

twinjayhawks

Silver Member
Tractor
Century 3045
Can anyone tell me how to adjust my clutch? It engages right at the very end of the pedal coming all the way out. I can just slightly push the clutch and the drive disengages. I am afraid that it is slipping right now when the pedal is all the way out.

/ Adjusting clutch #2  
check your manual for the freeplay setting. that is how much you should be able to push the pedal before you encounter resistance.

if it is too tight / no or negative freeplay, you will wear the fingers as they will be in contact with the TO bearing constantly.

soundguy

/ Adjusting clutch #3  
As mentioned the manual should give spec's, but as a general rule 1 - 1 1/2 inches of free play are usually the norm.

/ Adjusting clutch #4  
If you have the correct free play..... well you might need a new clutch.

Russell

/ Adjusting clutch #5  
Can anyone tell me how to adjust my clutch? It engages right at the very end of the pedal coming all the way out. I can just slightly push the clutch and the drive disengages. I am afraid that it is slipping right now when the pedal is all the way out.
Look for the linkage connecting to your clutch pedal. Somewhere in that linkage - between the pedal and the place where the linkage connects to a shaft entering the bell housing - is an adjuster. Adjust that to give you freeplay at the top of your pedal travel. Around an inch play is good.
larry