princess auto tools that dont suck

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #1  

deereman75

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 2120, Warner & Swasey 6000# offroad forklift, Case W9B loader, various non-running decorations
Well the harbor freight tools that dont suck thread has been very active, but I was thinking us canucks could use a thread about our cheep chinese tools store. Ill start it off with one to stay away from. A few years back, they had a battery charger on a limited time offer for like $19. I used it a few times, then I checked the output, and it was 2 volts.....

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #2  
I bought a porta -power set there, the seals in the pump died in no time, haven't been able to get a seal kit yet.

Had good luck with the ball joint press, brass hammer, dead blow hammer, vernier caliper, and a few other things.

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #3  
We buy almost everything there , can't really fault any of their tools . Only thing is a lot of their stuff is'nt cheap any more and often matches some name brand for price .
Even started using them for hydralic hoses/motors etc but staff have no idea at all !

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #4  
I bought a "Power Fist" chop saw and nailer, both lasted no time, some of the other tools have held up. They have a good return policy, if it breaks they'll take it back.

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #5  
I'll be relying on one of their water pumps this winter for my backyard rink. My neighbour lent me a nice little Honda pump last year, but I couldn't swallow the $600 to buy my own. I'm a little nervous of the cheap Honda knock off engine they use as well as the quality of the pump, but for less than $200, I'm rolling the dice.
The 200 ft of hose I bought last year was more like a soaker hose, it shot water 10ft into the air in a fine mist the entire length of the hose. I probably lost 10 - 15% of the water between the pump and the rink. I had to wear a full rain suit, water proof work gloves and rubber boots to flood the rink on -30 degree nights!

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #6  
Kiotiken:

The mental image of your experience is hilarious (to me at least; probably not to you, unless the absurdity of it raised a chuckle)!

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #7  
Kiotiken:

The mental image of your experience is hilarious (to me at least; probably not to you, unless the absurdity of it raised a chuckle)!

No, no, it was funny to me too. The only part that wasn't was the spills I'd take trying to run back to turn the pump off after the soaker hose had made a giant ice slide all the way back to the stream!

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #8  
As stated by D7E their prices may be compatible with other brands.

Trailer items seem reasonable and good selection.

There is some cheap stuff but I'd only buy for ocasional use.

All in all a nice place to shop because of all the little gismos.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ princess auto tools that dont suck #9  
Tie down straps and trailering supplies are as good or better than anywhere. Huge hydraulic selection.