husqvarna 445 chainsaw question

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #1  

sal64

Platinum Member
Tractor
jd 2320 jd 990 jd950
HELLO ALL i purchased a husqvarna 445 about a month ago it ran good for about 6 tanks of gas then the chain oiler stopped working and the blade was red hot and smoking, i cleaned the bar drained the oil tank and blew it out i did this a few times still didnt work so i returned the saw and got a new one same model. my question is does any one know what could of happend so i dont have same prob with new one ? tu

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #2  
Possible some "junk" got in the tank when you filled it? only thing I have!

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #3  
G'day not sure about the later ones but I have got an old 181 and it has got a plastic drive in the oil pump that has gone a couple of times usually last about 5 yrs though

Jon

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #4  
Possible some "junk" got in the tank when you filled it? only thing I have!

I have to 2nd that! The bar oil tank and gas tanks are not "dirt frindly" make sure you clean or blow all the dirt and saw dust off before opening the caps to refill them. :thumbsup:
Edit: I have 2 husqvarna 445 and have not had your problem!

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question
tu all, i will definitly clean it better.

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #6  
Sounds simple, but often overlooked. Ensure the oil ports on your bar are cleaned out so that the oil can get into the bar rails. I usually use a small pointed tip pocket knife to clean the gunk out of the rails starting at the tip first bringing it toward the heel of the bar (so it doesn't get gunk in the sprocket tip). You'll see some small holes in the sides of the bar on either side near the bar stud groove. Make sure the hole on the powerhead side of the bar is cleaned out. To ensure the oiler is actually functioning (or not), take the bar and chain off and run the engine (with the chain brake off) for a little bit. If it's oiling, you'll have a lot of bar lube coming from the pump. If you don't see any oil coming out, then you have another issue.

Have had multiple Huskies at home and at work of every shape and size and have never had an oiler not function, but anything is possible. Good luck.

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #7  
Mine clogged at the bar hole once. Blew it out and that was that.

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question
Sounds simple, but often overlooked. Ensure the oil ports on your bar are cleaned out so that the oil can get into the bar rails. I usually use a small pointed tip pocket knife to clean the gunk out of the rails starting at the tip first bringing it toward the heel of the bar (so it doesn't get gunk in the sprocket tip). You'll see some small holes in the sides of the bar on either side near the bar stud groove. Make sure the hole on the powerhead side of the bar is cleaned out. To ensure the oiler is actually functioning (or not), take the bar and chain off and run the engine (with the chain brake off) for a little bit. If it's oiling, you'll have a lot of bar lube coming from the pump. If you don't see any oil coming out, then you have another issue.

Have had multiple Huskies at home and at work of every shape and size and have never had an oiler not function, but anything is possible. Good luck.

i did clean the holes out, but i didnt clean the bar rail and tip mady that was it. that is a good idea i will run it with the blade off if it happens again to my new saw.tuvm

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #9  
Behind the bar is a chain oil pump. It's possible it was defective and broke or the gear that drives it broke.

/ husqvarna 445 chainsaw question #10  
Did the bar get hot before or after it stopped oiling? I had a Solo that I ran with too dull of a chain - that got the chain and the bar really hot, evidently enough to slightly warp the little plastic oil pump drive shaft (sits just behind the clutch). It warped just enough to make it jam and thus quit oiling.