TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT #1  

RICHARD KATZENSTEIN

Tractor
new holland tc 30
I HAVE A NEW HOLLAND TC30 THAT WILL NOT SEPERATE AT THE FRONT OF THE TRANSMISSION CASE WITH ALL THE BOLTS AND LINES REMOVED ?. ANY SUGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ???? PLEASE HELP. THANKS RICH.K.

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT #2  
G'day it may be stuck in the clutch/torque plate, have you tried to use a lever to seperate the two sections? If not if ALL the bolts and hoses are undone then there should be nothing holding it together, Check up around the top of the bellhousing as there are sometimes bolts hidden up there that come in from the trans side. Good luck

Jon

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT #4  
THANKS banjo its a hydro.

It still has a clutch, and it has to be split between the engine and clutch housing first. Then you can access bolts inside the bellhousing that attach it to the transmission housing. IIRC, you will also need to remove the transmission cover to access two bolts going forward into the bellhousing at the top.

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT #5  
I HAVE A NEW HOLLAND TC30 THAT WILL NOT SEPERATE AT THE FRONT OF THE TRANSMISSION CASE WITH ALL THE BOLTS AND LINES REMOVED ?. ANY SUGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. ???? PLEASE HELP. THANKS RICH.K.

Sounds like you need to get the service manual for that tractor.

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT
thank you Rick B. it sounds like what im looking for, I will check it out and let you know how it worked. Rich. K.

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT #7  
Every time one has been "stuck" on me, it's been due to someone :)rolleyes:) missing a bolt.

Just don't due like a high school buddy on his first engine pull and pound shims in to break it apart. Well, he was 2/3rds right. He did break it!

/ TC 30 WILL NOT SPLIT #8  
Every time one has been "stuck" on me, it's been due to someone :)rolleyes:) missing a bolt.

Just don't due like a high school buddy on his first engine pull and pound shims in to break it apart. Well, he was 2/3rds right. He did break it!

That made me laugh. many years ago we were pulling an automatic transmission on a 61 Chevy. Got all the bolts out and even separated the bell-housing from the engine a couple of inches, but it just wouldn't go anymore. Ran a chain under neath from the rear and hooked up another car. Pulled the whole car back wards and decided it was time to ask someone what we were doing wrong. Turns out there were like four bolts on the torque converter that needed to come out. At least that is when 16/17 year olds did that sort of stuff instead of playing video games.