John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems #1  

chasefarm

Tractor
John Deere 5325
I own a 2008 5325 that is giving me fits with the fuel system. I looked at a couple of the other forums to get some ideas, but still having issues. I changed all the fuel lines, as the system was getting air in it, and the lines were not the best. After making the change to all the lines I bled the system, and I think that I have all the air out of the system, and the tractor started great and was idling fine, and after 5 minutes the engine died, and I opened the bleeder screw and there was no fuel, so pumped it back up, and bled it again. Does anyone have any suggestions, is there a fuel filter somewhere that I might not know about, that is restricting the fuel flow? Also there are two lines that goes from the engine back to the tank, one is a 1/4 and the other is 3/8. can somone advise the differnce in these lines. Thanks for all the help.

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems #2  
Just a thought. Some systems need to be FULL in the fuel tank to bleed all the air out.

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems
Yes sir. When you read the manual they advise that the fuel tank must be full. I filled it up after bleeding it the second time. Thanks for the heads up. I worked on it 6 hours today. It is getting frustrating.

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems #4  
did u bleed the high pressure line

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems
bcb said:
did u bleed the high pressure line

Can you advise how to bleed just the high pressure line? Also I would take it that the 1/4 line is the high pressure line? Also when you drop both lines from the tank, should the fuel flow freely? Thanks for the help.

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems #6  
Where do you bleed fuel lines on a JD5325?

/ John Deere 5325 Fuel Problems #7