Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start

/ Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start #1  

dlangdado

Tractor
Ford 1900
A little history im not much of a mechanic but I had to put a freeze plug in this tractor i drove it less than a half a mile after plug come out and it got hot. I put the plug in but had to take the fuel line off to get to it and I think that is my issue. The tractor turns over fine but acts like not getting fuel even though I got it all hooked back up. I looked and its got diesel in it. I took the fuel line back off on the other side of what I would guess is a fuel pump and diesel is coming out but just a little bit at best but I think this fuel pump is gravity flow and don't hook into the motor anywhere. The tractor did not stop on me I turned it off, my question is could I damaged the motor because it got to hot, and how do I make sure all air out of fuel lines. Any suggestions appreciated.

/ Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start #2  
1, yes, you -MAY- have damaged the engine.. hard to say till you get it started.

2, yes, you likely have air in the lines.

3, crack the lines at the injectors with a wrench, and crank over till fuel bubbles out, then tighten down.. sometimes they bang off with not al the injector bled even.

4, pay attention to what I said about not getting skin anywhere near pressurized fuel or oil lines.. tools only. if you think there is a leak.. look for sprays with a piece of cardboard as a backstop .

5, if this is a straight gear tractor, sve the battery and wear and tear on the poor starter and have someone pull you off. they usually pull off pretty easilly within a few yards sometimes. it spins em way faster than the starter can, and you don't have to let the starter rest a few minutes after a few bleed attempts.

if there is a bleeder on your pump and filter .. use them too.

soundguy

/ Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start #3  
I had a 1900 and #2 and #3 from Soundguy is the probable solution.
Air in the lines.
Pay attention to #4 as well.

/ Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start
Thanks for your help I got it going was air in the line keeping it from starting

/ Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start #5  
glad to hear it!

/ Ford 1900 Diesel Tractor Wont Start #6  
Thanks for your help I got it going was air in the line keeping it from starting

I'll add one thing to this. Back when I had my 1900 and 2110 Fords it was a real hassle to bleed the fuel lines after I changed the fuel filter. It took a half hour.
So the next time I got ready to change it I waited until the tractor was good and hot from field use. Then I changed the filter in warp speed time and filled the filter cannister with fuel before I put it back on. The change took mere moments. Then I tried to start the tractor. I can't recall if it stumbled or not but it started and ran and I did not have to bleed the lines. It's not supposed to work this way but it did and I repeated it on the other Ford. Just my two cents here.