new member - tl80a engine problem

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #1  

Sawdustsmb

Silver Member
Tractor
TL80a, Ford 4000, Super H, F 12, F14
new member - lots of great info on this site - my problem - very much like Tazewell who had/has an engine problem on his tl80a reported on 6/9/2011. I can add to his popping - going up slight incline pulling a baler or 7' bush hog. Neither are putting much of a load on the tractor. May last 50 yards or the whole trip up that side. Stops as soon as you turn back down. Drops 200 rpm. All filters have been changed, tank dropped - fuel lines checked - electrical connections checked. Nh dealer didn't find anything. Question for Tazewell - did you ever solve your engine problem????
Love my Ford 4000's, Super H, F - 12. no problems and fixable!
Bob

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #3  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs Forum.

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #4  
Hi guys, i have a massy f 135 1972, i rebuild the engine last week, and now wont start, the starter works, the batery, good, but i think the diesel pump is not good, i did everything good inside of the engine, can help my plesae,

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #5  
if it ran before you tore it down to rebuild it the pump should be useable. when you crank it over to start it up make sure the injector line nuts are lose on the injectors to bleed the air out of the lines. the fuel system on this tractor is not self bleeding and it can not push the air out of the lines. once fuel is at the injectors tighten the nuts. it should start then. also once it is running you may have to crack the nuts loose one at a time to bleed the rest of the air out..

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #6  
ok thanks, i have to do this, and i let you know

/ new member - tl80a engine problem #7  
Hi guys, i have a massy f 135 1972, i rebuild the engine last week, and now wont start, the starter works, the batery, good, but i think the diesel pump is not good, i did everything good inside of the engine, can help my plesae,

Did you bleed the fuel delivery system?

Tighten all the fuel system fitting so you don't get air into the lines. Start at the filter and open the bleeder screw at the top and open the tank valve. You'll get fuel and air bubbles coming out of the bleeder at first. Wait untill you nothing but fuel coming out and then shut the bleeder screw. If you have a bleeder screw on the pump, do likewise with it. Finally loosen the fittings on the injectors and crank the engien til you have nothing but fuel coming out and then tighten them down Your tractor should now start. Make sure that the battery is fully charged before you start the process.