Shovel, rake, etc mount Where to get one

/ Shovel, rake, etc mount Where to get one #1  

Wyld Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
Ok I remember seeing this cool mount set up on a tractor once & I had a catalog once that had a mount like this. I remeber it being like a U or V shape with a plate that bolts to your equipment (landscape trailer, tractor ROPS, etc.) with a rubber strap that is quickly released/locked on. You put the shovel or whatever on the "U" & just pull the rubber cord over it into a wedge that it locks into. Anyone know where to buy something like this????

/ Shovel, rake, etc mount Where to get one #5  
On my 1920 the previous owner used a couple pieces of strap from chain link fencing. Its the strap that is rounded to go around the end post and bolt to the termination bar. They bolted one to the ROPS and one to the fender down a few feet. You stick the handle of the shovel or what ever tool you want down through the loops and it stays there. It will never come out accidentally and is protected from limbs and such as it sits tight to the ROPS.

/ Shovel, rake, etc mount Where to get one #6  
These are 'load lock holders' for tractor trailers. May work for your needs.

The one on the left goes on the bottom, and holds the 'feet' so they don't slide down. The one on the right, holds the handle securely in an upright position.

Cargo Bar Holder - Galvanized Steel Holds 2 Bars - 2"x4" & 4"x4" feet

If you have a tractor trailer junkyard near you, most tractors have load lock holders installed on the back of the cab.

Edit: Scroll down on this page to get the general idea(this place sells them also)

http://www.truckers-mall.com/kinedyne_home_page.aspx

4 bar holder here:

http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=BRCS/PROD/UEMFLB/PRT35-5509

Last edited:
   / Shovel, rake, etc mount Where to get one #7  
I have these on my FEL cyl using hose clamps. htpp://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=17450&CAT=