Glow plug relay and timer

/ Glow plug relay and timer #11  
Thanks all. I am going to order a Kubota timer on EBay and put it in. I really appreciate this forum and all the input!

/ Glow plug relay and timer #12  
Thanks gents.. I ordered the Kubota timer on EBay, 9.99$ plus 2.99 shipping. Will post here if it does not do the job. As a new user, kudos to you all for the input and help with my problem. I am sure you will here more requests from me in the future, although I hope not to frequently.

/ Glow plug relay and timer #13  
A big "thank you" for all the contributors... helped me to find the "glow plug relay" and "timer" (for the longest, I thought these were the same item. I finally understood that I could pull the relay, take it to the auto-parts store, find a replacement (about $9); and plug the new one in (I also ordered the Kubota glow plug timer off e-bay for about $25). But, changing the "relay" fired up the glow plug (and lamp on the dash). yay.

BIG THANK YOU...

/ Glow plug relay and timer #14  
Hi. Just wanted to say "thank you" to the contributors. (and thank you, posthumously, Jinman)... as a "novice" (we're all a "novice" at something, right?) I was trying to understand difference between the "relay" and the "timer" (whenever I searched "NH TC40 glow plug relay" -- it went to the "timer"). So, I finally figured out the "relay" is a commonly utilized item that I was able to pull and take to the auto parts store ($9) ... and it did the job. (glow plug indicator now comes on, on the dash; goes off in 10 seconds or so and tractor starts more easily when cold). I had also ordered the "kubota timer" as above, for $25, and will have it as a spare part going forward.

BIG THANK YOU (all) for the help...

/ Glow plug relay and timer #15  
A timer counts down or up to create a time interval, a relay (usually) is a snap action switch (off/on) with no delay and uses to switch high current loads, usually controlled by a low current switch or timer.... Yes there are exception to this as some will point out that a timer and relay may be enclosed in same housing....

Dale

/ Glow plug relay and timer #16  
This thread sure helped me . Having a glow plug issue and this got me going on the right direction. When I tore in to my tractor the timer had been removed. Parts should show up tomorrow or the next day .