taillights

/ taillights #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has any one had any problems with their taillights on a TC-33?The right side light has a mind of its' own. I can not get it to stay malfunctioning long enough to pinpoint the problem. BUSBOY

/ taillights #2  
Haven't had a problem, but if the Class IIs are like the Class IIIs, they use a funky relay to sequence between hazard and directional use of the bulb. I'd bet you that's where you'll find the problem....assuming the bulb is good....of course.

/ taillights #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( light has a mind of its' own. I can not get it to stay malfunctioning long enough to pinpoint the problem )</font>

In my experience. it seems weird and odd electrical troubles most of the time come back to poor ground connections.

Also if it is not working that is the best time to trace it. Usually voltage drop tests will pin point it quickly, provided its (the light) not working.

/ taillights #4  
I don't believe the class ll's have a directional bulb. At least mine doesn't. I would look for the ground. And your right, I hate it when something gets fixed and you don't know what you did.

murph

/ taillights #5  
Or you go out to fix it..........and it ain't broke /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ taillights #6  
I've had problems with my flashing lights on my B2910. One was corrosion on the bulb base and in the socket, and the other one was intermittant. I finally figured out that the filament in the bulb was broken and making intermittant contact with the other end of the filament, and the light would work on occasion.
Good luck

I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

/ taillights
I finally figured out what the problem was. The bulb holder was working it's way out of the slots that align it to the taillight housing. There are small twisted retaining tangs that are supposed to keep the holder in the place. They apparently weren't twisted enough at the hut where they were manufactured. Thanks for the suggestions. BUSBOY