Broken tractor

/ Broken tractor #1  

petsco1

Tractor
L-170
I have a New holland L-170 skid steer and the damponner went out causing catastrofick damage to the main pump , TOTALLED it out , I have to replace the dampener and pump for a wopping $ 5,700.00 dollars and the tractor only has 300 hrs on it . It is a 2007 model which I am told had the dampener bulletined as bad and to replace with new parts as in the manual specs by new holland . Do you think I should have to pay this or should New Holland flip the bill ? After all it was a part that went bad and not by operator error .
Does anyone know about this bad parts bulletin , and have experience with this ?

Last edited:
   / Broken tractor
Thanks for the info , I appreciate your help and I hope someone else has had similar experience with their New Holland so I can get some more information on this problem .

/ Broken tractor #5  
.....After all it was a part that went bad and not by ooperator error .

Warranty only covers parts that go bad, and was never meant to cover operator error. But there is a time limit. Not having a time limit for defects would raise the price of a unit by a bunch of money, because essentially you are asking for a lifetime warranty.

So I think saying the part is defective therefor the time limit should not apply has little merit. However if the manufacturer knew they had a real problem that should have been a recalled but hid it until most were out of warranty, I think that opens up another can of beans altogether.

I know nothing about your particular problem. I hope someone that does can offer some good info.

/ Broken tractor
Thanks dave for the info , I have been round and round with New Holland and they have offered to pay labor , not parts , I was hoping for more than that as it has only very limited use . It is out of warranty by years but way under the allowed hrs of the warranty , I guess that paying for the parts are better than nothing but the parts are over 2/3rds of the bill . Little bit frustrating .

/ Broken tractor #7  
You could ask for parts at cost and free labor, that could save you around 25% on parts. They would not lose anything on parts, neither would they profit. But the fact they are doing anything should be appreciated. We had a situation like this once, and our customer came in and said, "I don't want to be the only loser, but I'll share the loss." On that deal, our manufacturer took care of parts, and we did the labor at half price. We all lost a little, but a shared loss and a happy customer. Best of luck, and welcome to TBN. Truly the best community of tractor lovers on the internet.