Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Default Re: ot dodge 360 from 85 same block as 97 ?

No point in them running for long as fuel would be hard to come by very quickly and only available if someone could make his own. Yes some can, some would, but it would be very few and very far between. Within 6 months a horse or other beast of burden would be a lot more valuable than a vehicle or tractor.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF 230 and Mitsubishi D2000

Quote Originally Posted by jonyyuma View Post
    Ken, If it kills the battery, then none of our engines will work. I was talking about survival mode, not just my car quitting on the hyway. I definitely would not re-wire anything on my car as parts are delicate and expensive.My old diesel truck only needed a battery and wire to solenoid to fuel shutoff to run. Plus alternator to keep battery up. My be I misunderstood disaster day when EMP hit us? JY.
    No, my response was directed to the other poster, not you. My response was rather sarcastic because of my background of being in the automotive and motorcycle field for over 35 years. I've dealt with customers who have had a burned out headlamp bulb and would be so upset you would think the world was coming to and end, and others who would come in with major powertrain problems who just shrug and say let me know what the problem is. That is where I was coming from when I said I wouldn't presume what anyones definition of a diaster was.

And my response about being close enough to the cause of an EMP that would knock out a vehicles electronics was intended to convey that a person might have suffered enough physical damage that that getting a vehicke rigged up to be functional would likely be the least of thier worries.

Sorry if I offended.

Ken
    Last edited by kensnelling; 12-09-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by kensnelling View Post
    No, my response was directed to the other poster, not you. My response was rather sarcastic because of my background of being in the automotive and motorcycle field for over 35 years. I've dealt with customers who have had a burned out headlamp bulb and would be so upset you would think the world was coming to and end, and others who would come in with major powertrain problems who just shrug and say let me know what the problem is. That is where I was coming from when I said I wouldn't presume what anyones definition of a diaster was.

And my response about being close enough to the cause of an EMP that would knock out a vehicles electronics was intended to convey that a person might have suffered enough physical damage that that getting a vehicke rigged up to be functional would likely be the least of thier worries.

Sorry if I offended.

Ken
    fortunately 'people' can handle alot more EMP than the average ESD sensitive circuit board..

soundguy

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Okay, I can tell most of the time if I was Flamed? I didn't feel it that time. I know about people and servicing their cars too. I had that job for years. I had shops manager attacked by MB over some recaps on front of an old Buick, and it vibrating. Orvil, almost had his throat torn out by customer, after he was knocked over a bench. The guy was using his teeth..They saved him, but what a scar he had...If you think about the battery part, it would be safe disconnected or else on a non-electronic car..It would be something going back to horses and animals to pull things?
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123