MY FORD 3000 SPUTTERS - HELP!

/ MY FORD 3000 SPUTTERS - HELP! #1  

JONESY

Tractor
ford 3000
My ford 3000 diesel sputters like its dropping or picking up an injector every now and then and I was wondering if it could be air in the fuel line or possibly a clogged fuel injector? I recently ran out of fuel and after putting fuel back in I bled one injector and it fired right up and seemed to be running just fine,but now the sputtering. Help!!

/ MY FORD 3000 SPUTTERS - HELP! #2  
G'day and:welcome: if you have run it out of fuel then change your fuel filter it is very common for any rubbish that may be in the fuel tank to clog the filter when this happens. Also would not hurt to blow out fuel lines

Jon

/ MY FORD 3000 SPUTTERS - HELP! #3  
also clean the screen on the fuel shut of valve in the bottom of the tank

/ MY FORD 3000 SPUTTERS - HELP! #4  
My ford 3000 diesel sputters like its dropping or picking up an injector every now and then and I was wondering if it could be air in the fuel line or possibly a clogged fuel injector? I recently ran out of fuel and after putting fuel back in I bled one injector and it fired right up and seemed to be running just fine,but now the sputtering. Help!!

Make sure all the fuel delivery line connections are tight and make sure the filter and the tank strainer are not partially clogged. Bleed the filter well. make sure you get all the air out of it.

/ MY FORD 3000 SPUTTERS - HELP! #5  
good info so far.

ps.. use a wrench and crack 1 line at a time till you find the cyl dropping out.. bleed it, then see what it does.

drive around and work it.

if it still does it.. check for leaks .

might also run a hefty does of diesel fuel cleaner / supplement in it. ( howes, stanadyne, power service.. etc.. )