JD 39 or 350 pto driveline

/ JD 39 or 350 pto driveline #1  

itchy2

Tractor
Ford 1920
I'm looking for a pto driveline for a JD39 sickle mower. The parts lists say a JD350 driveline is the same. Anyway if anyone has a 39 or 350 they are parting out I could sure use one. Thanks for any help.

/ JD 39 or 350 pto driveline #2  
You may want to try posting a "want to buy" ad on TractorHouse.
Used Tractors For Sale at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, tractors for sale, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Kubota

You will see it in the menu on the left side, when the home page opens. You will need to register, and give contact info. I've had very good luck finding parts for my 60's through 70's vintage equipment. And prices not that far out of line.

It apparently works somewhat like "Junkyard Dog" if you've ever used that looking for auto parts. Some salvage yards specialize in implement parts.

If you have the part number, that is a big plus.

/ JD 39 or 350 pto driveline
Thank you DJ54 that's a good idea. I'll give it a shot.

/ JD 39 or 350 pto driveline #4  
I'm looking for a pto driveline for a JD39 sickle mower. The parts lists say a JD350 driveline is the same. Anyway if anyone has a 39 or 350 they are parting out I could sure use one. Thanks for any help.

I actually had a 39N a bunch of years ago...is yours a N or a W?? Not a trick question..the N is for narrow rear wheel spacing and the W is for wide rear wheel spacing...where did you find the 39? BobG in VA

/ JD 39 or 350 pto driveline #5  
You might be able to have a new drive line made. The major companies out there Weasler, Neapco, and Bondioli all supply the parts to fabricate just about any line out there.
Weasler Engineering, Inc. - OEM and Aftermarket Driveline Components
Driveline System and Parts for OEM & Aftermarket | Neapco
You can usually get the parts from any ag dealer. You will need to figure out the necessary HP rating, length of drive line, and what ends you need. If you cant find a shaft short enough buy one and cut it to length.

/ JD 39 or 350 pto driveline
I think it's a W. My Dad had it and I used to run it when I was younger. I fixed it up and put it to work, and it did good for a couple of years but the pto shaft caught and split out.