Hydraulic Filter Mount

/ Hydraulic Filter Mount #1  

city_boy_done_good

Tractor
New Holland T1510
Had a stump poke up into my hydraulic filter on my New Holland T1510 and bust the filter off. Twisted the filter to remove and snapped off a chunk of the thread the filter attaches to. My tractor is stuck deep in the middle of the woods so I screwed on a new filter only to find that it does not sit flush with the top of the mount, I am pretty sure it will leak when pressured up. I guess the force of the impact twisted the attachment, see photos below. Any nifty ideas on sealing/repairing this? I do not want to move the tractor as the hydraulic is shared with rear axle fluid, nearly impossible to pull it out.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    375 KB · Views: 186
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 127
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    446.3 KB · Views: 124
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 240
   / Hydraulic Filter Mount #2  
Maybe try to double up the gaskets on the filter, could be just enough to get it home.

/ Hydraulic Filter Mount #3  
Does it have external hoses? If so I would bypass the filter temporarily and get it back to the shop.

/ Hydraulic Filter Mount #4  
My father in law had a similar problem with his filter housing (in his case, he horsed it to try to get clearance, and bent the threaded tube.) He had to get his machine off the site, and on the trailer without fail. He put a new filter on with the old gasket, and had a couple of gallons of hydro on standby. He only had to go 100-150 yards. It leaked a bit (half a gallon.) I don't know how far you have to go to get it where you can work on it, but it is doable.