Deutz Fahr Tractor

/ Deutz Fahr Tractor #1  

dickipa

Tractor
Duetz Fahr agco plus87
have a duetz fahr tractor Model Agco Plus 87 built in 10-07 with 4 cyl SAME Engine family # 7FGXLO6.owto with 1180 hours. changed the oil and filter and it began smoking and seemed to lose power. So changed oil and filter again..no change still smokes bad and uses lots of oil (a gallon in an hour) I suspect internal engine problem but could it be computer related? Any help will be appreciated..\

/ Deutz Fahr Tractor #3  
I am not familiar with your tractor, but hopefully some other member can assist. Perhaps you should post your inquiry in the appropriate forum in regards to your make and model. Good Luck. BTW welcome aboard.:tractor:

/ Deutz Fahr Tractor
How can I move it and where do you suggest?

/ Deutz Fahr Tractor #5  
Hi, wouldn't be the computer, besides fuel management all it does is read sensors, if it wasn't doing it (smoking) prior to the oil change then the only thing I can think of is did you overfill it? And where did you fill it from, can't remember off the top of my head but if you use the filler on top of the engine you have to fill really slowly otherwise you will overflow into the intake/exhaust you need to fill from the side. Other than that those SAME engines are built proof, generally don't start to see ring problems till over 15,000 hrs. What else did you do when you changed the filter and oil?