Mustang 940 E Series Tractor

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor #1  

Bruceh

Tractor
Mustang 940 E - Series
Hello,

I need to change the rear tire on this tractor. Please help.
Thank you.
Bruce

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor #2  
I assume this is a Mustang skidsteer. You will need a floor jack or heavy jack of some type, jack up the rear side that is flat just like you would any vehicle and block it safely off the ground. Take the six lug nuts off the wheel rim and take the tire to any local tire shop that handles repairs to tractor/industrial tires.

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor
Darryl,

We did that but can not remove the tire. There is a round part in the middel which appears holding the tire.

Bruce

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor #4  
Not sure what you're referring to (round part in the middle). I suspect there is a pronounced bead lock ridge. Breaking the bead on a well seated tire can be a real pain and takes a LOT of force. I have used the loader bucket cutting edge to push down on the tire sidewall right along the rim, driven heavy vehicles over the sidewall of the tire and done some serous pounding with a sledge hammer and bar directly on the bead to get them to finally let loose. You will have to be inventive on how to apply some serious pressure directly to the tire bead but be careful not to use something that will tear or puncture the sidewall. You may be forced to take it to a tire shop and have them break the bead for you.....no shame in that and not very expensive.

Sorry to have sounded so basic in my first response but you never know how knowledgeable/skilled someone is. The safety police will probably frown but I wouldn't have even used a jack as I first described. My buddy showed me years ago that most skidsteers are built so you can put the bucket flat on the ground, put blocks under the back of the skidsteer and then curl the bucket down like you're dumping and it'll lift all 4 wheels off the ground....quick and easy.

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor
Here is the picture of the rear tire on the tractor. I have removed the bolts but can not remove the tire.

What do I need to do?

Thank you. Tractor -1.JPG

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor #6  
a sledghammer and few well placed wack should get her off.

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor #7  
Looks like It may have rusted on. Are you in an area that uses a lot of salt on the roads or near saltwater? Penetrating oil, heat or force would be what I would try.

MarkV

/ Mustang 940 E Series Tractor #8  
The center pilot hole of the rim is stuck to the pilot hub of the axle. Soak it down with penitrating oil, let it work in then use a hammer to tap on the rim inbetween the studs to break the corrosion loose.