Magnetic Engine Block Heater

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #1  

twinjayhawks

Silver Member
Tractor
Century 3045
I am looking into the possibilities of purchasing a engine block heater. Do the magnetic ones work or should I look for something else?

Where is the best place to mount it?

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #2  
The magnetic block heater is a poor performer because it has poor thermal transfer. It all depends on what you what to heat. A model of your machine with engine type, the storage location and availabity to power would be helpful.
Last week a poster asked if a 60 watt magnetic heat would do for his machine.
A reply came back and the comment was priceless ( a 60 watt heater will not even be able to keep itself warm )

Craig Clayton

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #3  
I'd go with a block heater or an inline lower hose heater. I had a magnetic heater once. Stuck it to the pan, unplugged it and took off plowing snow. When I got done I parked back in the garage and went to plug it in but it was gone. Apparently it fell off while plowing. I didn't find it until the snow melted in the spring.
Personally, I use the lower inline hose heater.

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater
It all depends on what you what to heat. A model of your machine with engine type, the storage location and availabity to power would be helpful.

3045 Century Trator
Yanmar engine - Diesel
Storage is outside
Power is readily available

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #5  
I have two magnetic block heaters. Great for thawing copper pipes, but lousy for heating a diesel engine. I'd give them away to anyone who wants them.

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #6  
I have two magnetic block heaters. Great for thawing copper pipes, but lousy for heating a diesel engine. I'd give them away to anyone who wants them.

i have 2 more... one still in the package... that i will add to your 2 .....things are a waste of $$

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #7  
Excuse me,what's the difference between the Magnetic Engine Block Heater and the block heater?

/ Magnetic Engine Block Heater #8  
Excuse me,what's the difference between the Magnetic Engine Block Heater and the block heater?

A magnetic block heater simply sticks to the block via magnets and hopefully transmits the heat to the block thru the magnets. A real block heater is a permanent attachment

heres a pic of a magnetic heater

Attachments

• 410TX2dcxqL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    410TX2dcxqL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,682
   / Magnetic Engine Block Heater

Here is a block heater I found. So this is the way to go?

Attachments

• yhst-88735448068253_2185_32236329.jpeg
    yhst-88735448068253_2185_32236329.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,186
   / Magnetic Engine Block Heater #10  
Here is a block heater I found. So this is the way to go?

if you dont mind cracking into the engines freeze blocks, those work great. There are also ones that go into the lower radiator hose and they work nice also ( i had one of those on my truck in Montana that had -60F wind chill winters). I myself use the glue on style of heaters made by Wolverine. I didnt want to open a freeze plug, and i couldnt cut the lower radiator hose cause there was already a t off of it for the cab heater. so this was next choice. I am very happy with it. there perminant and put out great heat. 10 minute install.