what's in a name.. Heavy duty :)

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #61  
The exception to that is with old stuff. If you pick up an all metal black and decker tool and it says heavy duty, it will last forever. The black and decker professional line, that stuff was as good as metabo. Skill commercial is another one. Too bad they stopped making the top of the line stuff, and just consumer grade now. This is the reason the only power tools I buy now are old industrial grade, or new milwaukee or makita.

LOL, Your tool box sounds like mine!
Some of my best are old B&D's as well.
As you probably know all those few old and good B&D's got relabeled as DeWalt.

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #62  
From my experience, I have learned over a lifetime of experience what light duty really looks like. Once you master that, it is real easy to determine what medium and heavy duty truly is.If a person does not have a benchmark in his mind, to gauge a specific product to, he cannot make a accurate judgement on how well a product is built and or designed. Ken Sweet

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #63  
industrial grade.. etc.. etc..

the only ones I pay much attention to are with audio electronics.

....... if it is pro, it may have TRS plugs, or usually, XLR.. etc.

soundguy

And what is up with the XLR connectors available nowadays?? Cheap crap! Does anyone still carry Switchcraft stuff?

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #64  
And what is up with the XLR connectors available nowadays?? Cheap crap! Does anyone still carry Switchcraft stuff?
The connectors on the US made Whirlwind cables we have at church are pretty good. The ones on the chinese made Whirlwind snake (Connect series WHSNK84XL100) we got earlier this hear are not as good, but are decent.

Aaron Z

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #65  
So....
1) Buy or build heavy cables
2) Connect negative end to donor vehicle last
3) Soundguy doesn't like condescention his way, but spews it all over everyone else.

Now off to get those heavy welding leads. Merry Christmas

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #66  
So....

3) Soundguy doesn't like condescention his way, but spews it all over everyone else.

Kinda have to agree with you on that. Merry christmas.

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #67  
guess people have lost the ability to parse sparse text since technology has went up... soundguy

And some never had it to start with.

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #68  
OW, Ouch, and Wow all this over trying to jump-start an engine? Was it a 12hp mower or a 500hp cummins?

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :)
And some never had it to start with.

so are you and shieldarc friends? I notice both of you miss no opportunity to poke me with a sharp stick..

I may have been parsing sparse text before you were posting text.. :)

soundguy