Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #21  
Ok guys...what would be the correct RTV stuff to use on carburetors? (I've seen it done!) :D
I once used Cereal boxes(Corn Flakes), to make carburetor gaskets for my old Suzuki. Then used a super thin film of blue RTV sealant.

The cardboard seeped a little, but it worked:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #22  
It looks like I came in too late, but I use loctite 515 gasket elimonator. Everyone has a preference though. The 515 is a little harder to get off than RTV, but it seals real good.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #23  
515 is an anarobic sealant, used for metal to metal sealant Detroit uses it on a lot of housings. works great.
use to be the white or clear was for air, the blue was for oil, and the red was for coolant.
I am a firm believer in Loctite 5699, That is all I use now.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant
I dont think its RED loctite as in the threadlocker. Id bet its 518. Its what id recommend and what i used as a mechanic for machined mating surfaces. I didnt post it before because its kind of hard to get. It will only gap fill a few thousandths, so unless its a true machined surface, it may leak

Just to clear up what I used, it was the red PERMATEX RTV sealant not the loc-tite like I thought :confused: I did have a :mur: moment though. When evrything was all sealed back up and had set for the 24hr. like back of tube stated, ole dumb*** me pulled off a small section of sealnt that had oozed out between the joints. :mur:( actually it oozed out all around the joint like it supposed to) After running engine for about 10 min. I had a small leak, guess where. So I have redone everything again. This time when it oozes out I'll leave my hands off it.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #25  
I have 16 years as a professional mechanic and I never use RTV. I disagree completely with you about HiTack. Doesn't really matter. We all have our preferences.

I have over 30 years as a professional mechanic and I use RTV rarely, more to keep fluids out than in. I also agree with Rich about Hi-tack, it does not dry out a gasket and most manufactures recommend using it.
For sealing housings or castings normaly I use Threebond.
There is no one sealer that is best for all apps, and some sealers will mess up sensors if they make contact.
Always use what the manufacture recommends, not what the salesman suggests.

/ Loctite Blue Silicone RTV Sealant #26  
I have over 30 years as a professional mechanic and I use RTV rarely, more to keep fluids out than in. I also agree with Rich about Hi-tack, it does not dry out a gasket and most manufactures recommend using it.
For sealing housings or castings normaly I use Threebond.
There is no one sealer that is best for all apps, and some sealers will mess up sensors if they make contact.
Always use what the manufacture recommends, not what the salesman suggests.

Long time since I have seen you post. How are things out there?