NH TN65 2001 front end trouble

/ NH TN65 2001 front end trouble #1  

birdshak

Tractor
NH TN65 2001
Now the left front wheel drive is going out. The right front went out last spring. 3700 hours on the tractor. $3500 to have repaired. Do any of you have this same problem?

/ NH TN65 2001 front end trouble #2  
G'day and :welcome: sorry to hear about your dillema. We service alot of NH gear and we change the final drive oil EVERY time we change the engine oil, we also use 80w90 gear oil instead or the trans oil they reccommend. We find that the service intervals are just too long for such a small quantity of oil with nowhere for the rubbish to go but floating around the final drive. We have been doing this for years and the only one I have had to rebuild is one that was owner maintained and I don't think he ever changed the oil from the first service we did and it saw out some 6500 hrs. Good luck with your repair:thumbsup:.

Jon

/ NH TN65 2001 front end trouble #3  
G'day and :welcome: sorry to hear about your dillema. We service alot of NH gear and we change the final drive oil EVERY time we change the engine oil, we also use 80w90 gear oil instead or the trans oil they reccommend. We find that the service intervals are just too long for such a small quantity of oil with nowhere for the rubbish to go but floating around the final drive. We have been doing this for years and the only one I have had to rebuild is one that was owner maintained and I don't think he ever changed the oil from the first service we did and it saw out some 6500 hrs. Good luck with your repair:thumbsup:.

Jon

X2. Doesn't matter what brand or model, front planetaries have too little oil trying to do too big a job with (in most cases) far too long a drain interval. The ones that don't get changed often enough get parts included with the oil changes. TN's are not prone to front planetary problems. TL's do seem to be as they have larger loaders fitted and are stressed more relative to the component sizing.

/ NH TN65 2001 front end trouble
Thanks for the tips! A little oil is a whole lot cheaper than a trip to the shop.