starter /solenoid help

/ starter /solenoid help #1  

JeffMc

Greetings, I have a 1974 JD 2630 with a problematic solenoid.Do I have to take the whole starter off the engine ( looks like a hassle ) or can I just take off the solenoild - which appers to be simple .

/ starter /solenoid help #2  
your in luck as long as the starter has not been changed from the factory it came with a delco 25mt starter this is one a very few that the solenoid if accessible can be removed and installed with ease. the solenoid if you call a local starter rebuilder is called a long delco 25mt solenoid. all you have is the wiring and please remember which side the switch wire goes on it fits on the little post on the cap if you hook it up wrong you will get absolutely nothing when you try to crank it. this solenoid should cost about $15 to $20 dollars. also when you remove the solenoid the plunger will stay attached to the starter also you will find a spring the new solenoid may come with one if not check out you rold one and reuse if neccessary. if you cant find one email your location and i will put you in touch with a rebuilder close by good luck