WON'T START

/ WON'T START #11  
Hello to all, today the wind stopped and so my son and I worked on the tractor. Did as instructed and she started up fairly quick. I would like to thank everyone for their input.Also a Merry Xmas to all. :thumbsup:
Glad you got it running. Merry Christmas

/ WON'T START #12  
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I couldn't resist:laughing:
I missed that the first time around... ;) they also don't run worth a darn on *GAS*... on fuel, well, that's another story!!!:D

/ WON'T START #13  
I missed that the first time around... ;) they also don't run worth a darn on *GAS*... on fuel, well, that's another story!!!:D
I think everyone missed it :)

/ WON'T START #14  
I resisted !!:thumbsup::laughing:

/ WON'T START #15  
One thing to remember is that on "key off" tractors (ie turn key off to stop engine from running) then when key is off fuel will not flow out of tank.

Incorrect,

My L3130 will let fuel run out the fuel line until tank is dry. Some of the smaller Kubota tractors do have an electric fuel pumps though. All the Key Stop tractors do is energize a solenoid for around 5 seconds to pull the fuel lever on the injection pump to off long enough to stop the engine and then release it.

David Kb7uns

/ WON'T START #16  
Incorrect,

My L3130 will let fuel run out the fuel line until tank is dry. Some of the smaller Kubota tractors do have an electric fuel pumps though. All the Key Stop tractors do is energize a solenoid for around 5 seconds to pull the fuel lever on the injection pump to off long enough to stop the engine and then release it.

David Kb7uns

The solenoid operated fuel shut- offs that I've encountered were normally closed, and opened when voltage was applied. Sometimes the linkage adjustment can be tricky. If not set properly, they will draw an excess amount of current and can discharge the battery of some of these lower amperage charging systems.

Jim

/ WON'T START #17  
All the Key Stop tractors do is energize a solenoid for around 5 seconds to pull the fuel lever on the injection pump to off long enough to stop the engine and then release it.

David Kb7uns[/QUOTE]

Although this can be the case solenoid operated stop levers are in the minority, the most common shutoff is a small plunger that is screwed into the inj pump that when powered up via the key and is spring loaded to push the plunger out when power is removed, shutting of the fuel supply. Most key off shutdown tractors will not bleed up properly with the key off as you cannot push fuel into the inj pump to bleed.

Jon

/ WON'T START #18  
Just wanted to throw in that I think most of the newer-ish kubotas have bleeder screws. If you run it out of fuel just back the bleeder screw out, start it up, and screw it back in. I've done it a couple times on my L3710