Fluid in tires

/ Fluid in tires #1  

ford farm boy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mx5100,9N,ford 2000
I have my Dads ford 2000 an I just found out one tire has fluid in it and the other dose not is this bad and will it tear up something . Should I drain fluid out of one tire or can I wait and fill the other later with something like washer fluid .

/ Fluid in tires #2  
I don't think it will won't hurt anything to have one tire loaded, and the other tire not loaded with fluid ballast. It would be in your best interest to have them both loaded though, as it can help with traction and stability. If both tires are loaded, it can really make difference in traction when pulling ground engaging attachments, and possibly in stability if you traverse any slopes at an angle (not straight up or down).

/ Fluid in tires #3  
I have my Dads ford 2000 an I just found out one tire has fluid in it and the other dose not is this bad and will it tear up something . Should I drain fluid out of one tire or can I wait and fill the other later with something like washer fluid .
If you ever attempt to back up a grade as slight as 10 percent while the wheels are on snow, ice, sand or mud you'll quickly determine the answer to your question. But to save you the aggravation the answer is "nearly impossible" without using the brakes and that's a challenge in itself.

So either drain the one tire or determine and add the same type of fluid in the one that's void of fluid.

That's my opinion and I'm sticken to it. :laughing:

/ Fluid in tires
If it won't tear something up I think I will wait till summer to deal with it thanks guys .

/ Fluid in tires #5  

I would be careful when moving at or near top speed in road gear. I have no idea how fast that tractor can go. I just remember driving a rather swift tractor on loose gravel and nearly soiling my shorts when the fluid in the tires began sloshing over because of centrifugal forces, but at varying rates. On thinking about it now, it was likely caused by differing levels of fluid in the tires. The bottom line:? on loose gravel I was barely able to keep it on the road:( so I backed it off till the fluid stopped rolling over the top.

/ Fluid in tires #6  
Until this summer, one of my tractors had fluid in the one side only (because I bought it that way). I second the advice already given. Backing up is a pain and be careful in road gear. The only thing it will hurt is if you crash or roll the tractor.