8N spark plug wires

/ 8N spark plug wires #1  

fibrostic

I recently replaced the carb on my 8n, while doing that i put new elbow filter in and a whole new sediment bulb assembly with new fuel line. I also replaced the spark plug wires as one had rested on the engine and melted to expose the wire. I bought the wire set at tractor supply (the one specifically cut already for the 8n) , but after LOTS of reading i am thinking maybe they are the problem.

My tractor runs great while sitting still and even just running around, but when i hook up to my spreader, after about 20 seconds under load it really bogs down and stalls out. I am getting good fuel flow. My order is 1243, and i removed and cleaned all the plugs. Does anyone know what the wires are made of they sell at tractor supply?

/ 8N spark plug wires #2  
Its not the wires.Load has no bearing on them.
Check the carb and settings. RPM and idle settings.

/ 8N spark plug wires #3  
I would replace the plugs it sounds like they are breaking down under load. Cleaning can cause this problem. I do not think the wires are the problem. Is the govner working if it has one.

/ 8N spark plug wires #4  
Are you sure that you have the carb float set at the proper level? This sounds exactly like what my tractor did when the float level was set too low.

If your carb has a drain plug, remove it and if fuel just trickles out, then it is a float issue.

/ 8N spark plug wires #5  
i'd check a fuel delivery problem.

the metal core wires are the best imho

/ 8N spark plug wires #6  
Sound guy I agree, It is the float level or mixture settings.It taint the spark thou.