ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #1  

jrepp44

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSTC
Has anyone had any experience with Ultrasonic carb cleaning? I seem to be having a lot of issues with my small gas engines lately - maybe due to that evil ETHANOL!

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #2  
Has anyone had any experience with Ultrasonic carb cleaning? I seem to be having a lot of issues with my small gas engines lately - maybe due to that evil ETHANOL!

It works and works well, :thumbsup:I would use sea foam to eliminate the ethanol issue and the gum and varnish

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #3  
We use a ultra sonic cleaner at work all the time with a cap full of Simple Green mixed in the water & it works great. I'm ran my carburetors from my Honda fourwheelers through it also & it worked.

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #4  
I use a 6L180 from Sharpertek in my lawnmower repair business with there Shellac Buster cleaner and it seems to work real well but if I have to replace it I will probably go with a bigger unit.

Carbs look new most of the time after just 30 minutes.

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #5  
Resurrecting old thread here. Thinking of buying the HF ultrasonic cleaner for my small engine carbs. Thoughts?

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #6  
I have a HF cleaner. Truth is, if it were cost effective to actually clean a bunch of carbs, there are better ones that take more green out of your wallet. You can use this for other things as well though. If your carb has corrosion damage, replace it. Bad varnish build up, dip it, rinse it and run it through the ultrasonic.

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #7  
I'm actually thinking it would be good for bolts/screws/nuts and other small parts. Even my wife's jewelry. I wouldn't be using it commercially, just another tool for the my already crowded shop.

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #8  
I have had the same one H F sells for 8 or 10 years , but I bought it from ebay.
I put hot water in it to start with, and a couple table spoons of automatic dishwashing liquid soap,
It has a built in heater, but seams to work better if I put hot water in it first.
I have cleaned a lot of carbs in it , from saws to tractor carbs. the only thing I don't like about it is the timer , it don't run a very long cycle before shutting down so I just keep resetting it, depending on how dirty the carb is.
It does good for what it is, for the price .

Hope this helps.
Rich

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #9  
I have had the same one H F sells for 8 or 10 years , but I bought it from ebay.
I put hot water in it to start with, and a couple table spoons of automatic dishwashing liquid soap,
It has a built in heater, but seams to work better if I put hot water in it first.
I have cleaned a lot of carbs in it , from saws to tractor carbs. the only thing I don't like about it is the timer , it don't run a very long cycle before shutting down so I just keep resetting it, depending on how dirty the carb is.
It does good for what it is, for the price .

Hope this helps.
Rich
Thanks for the reply. Having to start with hot water makes sense... I think it draws only 160watts. Not much for heating.

/ ULTRASONIC CARB CLEANING #10  
I have the HF unit as well. I do recommend it.

A word of warning on the heating function - it does NOT shut off when the timer shuts off. Leaving the unit full of water and plugged in with the heater accidentally left on WILL boil out the water and WILL melt the small parts rack. DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!!

It cleans really well, though. Good machine.