need napa # for 12v A circuit Vreg (generator)

/ need napa # for 12v A circuit Vreg (generator) #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I got this farmall H i'm working on for my stepdad...it has has been converted to 12v via a genny rebuild and vreg replacement ( thus was originally 6v ). has a cheap chinese 12v vreg on it that you have to rap with a screwdriver to make it charge. I opened it up and it is amazingly cheap.. flaky chrome, and contacts not hitting square.. or almost not hitting at all. field is burned up good.. thus I need a 12v A circuit vreg.
I know my mid 66 IH Cub has a STOCK 12v a-circuit genny system on it, and I've bought a 12v vreg for it at napa before.. and it IS 'A' circuit.. so that would likely be fine.

anyone got a napa or carquest part number?

thanks

soundguy

/ need napa # for 12v A circuit Vreg (generator) #2  
Went to Case/IH, and found the part number for the V-reg on a cub w/12V system. Went to NAPA site, and interchanged the part number, and came up with this. If yours is a direct generator mount, you have it made, other than the cost. If mounted elsewhere..., Hmmm... A good parts man worth his salt, should be able to find the same one, in the 3 bolt base mount, if needed.

NAPA AUTO PARTS

Might want to double check, or call NAPA, maybe someone there can tell you if this is what you are looking for. Not many guys left at our NAPA's here anymore, that can rattle that stuff off.

/ need napa # for 12v A circuit Vreg (generator)
looks promising, thanks!