Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil

/ Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil #1  

electrarc

Silver Member
Tractor
Foton 82 hp with loader,Ferrari Cobram 65 & Shibaura D23F
Hi Guys,

I want to change the rear oil in my tractor. The owners book says 10 - 30W, does sound correct? Also the book is not clear as to where the filling point is. The oil is common to the diff, gearbox, hydraulics and power steer.

Have been out of trade for many years but that oil all (52 liters of it) seems very light. Or I'm just very old :)

Thanks

/ Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil #2  
The 10-30W doesn't sound right for a 774-80. I have a Lambo 674-70 (same transmission and hydraulics) and I run Castrol Agritrans Plus hydraulic and gear oil oil in the rear end and 80 litres capacity (includes front end loader on hydraulics). Suggest you check dealer specs on the oil for you local conditions. Fill point is top of transmission at rear. Check if breather fitted to transmssion. If no breather is fitted long run time can result in high temperature and pressure, and brakes can lock on.

/ Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil
Hi jsbdavis1706,

Thanks for the reply. Just up the road from you near Bundy. Can you take a picture of the fill point and breather? Am trying to get a workshop manual with
no luck? Any help would be great!!!!

Cheers

/ Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil #4  
Attached should be photo showing the top of the transmission for the Lamboghini 674-70. Your 774-80 should be similar. Breather is the white 3" spin on cartridge filter. Filler point is about 6" to the rear of the filter.

I had similar trouble getting a workshop manual for the 674-70. Ended up going to the local SAME dealer and borrowed their manual for the Explorer series tractors 50 through 90 horse power. The Lamborghinis and SAMEs are the same for the transmissions, hydraulics, brakes, steering, electrics etc. Only key difference is the engine details. The SAME used an air cooled version while the Lamborghini used a water cooled version of the same 4 cylinder 4 litre engine.

Regards, John Davis

Attachments

• 566.jpg
    566.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 3,287
Hi John,

Thanks for the help. The rear of mine is different. I hope I have attached two photos. I have found a plug above the oil level..I have included it as well. Many years ago I removed what I thought was a fill point on a dozer and turned out to be a detent spring and ball which caused me hours of fun and swore I would never do that again.

Cheers Zac

Attachments

• Top rear.jpg
    Top rear.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 490
  • Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,400
Try again?

Attachments

• Top of Rear.jpg
    Top of Rear.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,285
   / Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil #7  
cu respect! recent am achizitionat un lamborghini 674 si nu gasesc nivelul la ulei din transmisie: Confuz:la monobloc exista un buson de umplere daca este corp comun cu transmisia dar nivelul de umplere?intrebarea mea este daca ma puteti ajuta pe unde se completeaza ulei in transmisie si unde este nivelul la ulei din transmisie: ( iar la monobloc la buson care se desurubeaza exista o tija atasata de buson care ar trebui sa arate min.si max. la ulei din monobloc la mine tija nu are nici un semn si nu stiu cat ulei trebuie in monobloc: Confused3:precizez ca tractorul e din 1990 tractiune spate!VA MULTUMESC! ASTEPT UN RASPUNS.

/ Lamborghini 774-80N Rear Oil #8  
In answer to NYK, my translation of your your post is:

"With respect! We've recently acquired a lamborghini 674 and I can't find the level of the oil from the transmission: confused:to single unit there is a stopper of the filling if it is your body common with the transmission but the fill level.My question is can you help where they added oil to transmission and where is the level to oil from the transmission: ( single unit and at the stopper which unscrews there is a rod attached to the stopper which should show min. and max."

If your Lamborghini 674 is the same as mine (674-60 Grand Prix), the oil level should be checked at a sight glass located to the right of and just above the Power Take Off shaft. The rod attached to the stopper that you speak of is not a dip stick and should not have min and max levels marked. I initially had problems reading the sight glass and had to use a flexible steel strip as a dip stick through the transmission breather cap to measure to the equivalent height of the sight glass. I hope that this helps. The following is my attempt at translation into Romanian.

"Dacă Lamborghini 674 este aceeaşi ca a mea (674-60 Grand Prix), nivelul de ulei trebuie verificat la un vizor amplasată ? dreapta şi deasupra arborelui prizei de putere. Tija ataşată la dop care vorbeşti nu este un dip stick şi nu trebuie să aibă maxim şi minim marcate. Initial AM avut probleme la citirea vizorul şi avea să se utilizeze o şipcă de oţel flexibilă ca un dip stick prin transmisie de capacul de aerisire pentru a măsura de echivalent cu ?ălţime de vizor."