knock

/ knock #1  

cas1954

Tractor
farm pro 2425
i have a fairly new Farm Pro Chinese Tractor that deleloped a loud knock in what seems to be an engine knock . does anyone have any ideas on what this my be?

/ knock #2  
G'day and welcome if you suspect it is an engine knock then do not run it until you get your dealer to have a look. Is it still under warranty? If so then let the dealer worry about it, if not then drain the oil into a clean container and look for metal particles, if you find any "glitter" in the oil then i would suspect an engine bearing.

Jon

/ knock
no warrenty thanks for info all is good at this time

/ knock #4  
using a tool.. how about cracking an injector line, 1 at a time see what the knock does..

/ knock #5  
Is the knock from the top side (head), or the bottom side (oil pan)? What has been your outside tempertures? Is the tractor stored outdoors? Does it knock when first starting up? Or after it has warmed up? (20-30 minutes) What weight oil are you using? Sometimes a very cold start, with direct injection engines sounds like a connecting rod knock. Is it a high pitched knock with a ting to it? Or a very low sounding dull thunking knock? Can you put a stick, or broom handle to different parts of the engine, and then using your hand to partically insulate the stick to your ear determine closely where the knock is comming from?

/ knock #6  
Could be factory did not torque rod bolts correctly, and they are coming loose! thanks; sonny

/ knock #7  
If I were you I would post this in the Chinese section. The info you get over there will be more helpful with out mud slinging about these tractors.
Good Luck, Dave

/ knock
banjodunn said:
G'day and welcome if you suspect it is an engine knock then do not run it until you get your dealer to have a look. Is it still under warranty? If so then let the dealer worry about it, if not then drain the oil into a clean container and look for metal particles, if you find any "glitter" in the oil then i would suspect an engine bearing.

Jon

What color would the glitter be?

/ knock #9  
glitter, as in metalic particles.. a thin film of oil on some white paper or your fingers, when viewed at an angle in the sunlight will show the 'glitter' if present..e tc..

/ knock #10  
Along with what the others have said can you remove the oil pan? If the noise sounds like it's coming from the bottom I would try to remove the pan and take a look at each of the connecting rods.