need fuel filter housing for 01 chevy dmx diesel

/ need fuel filter housing for 01 chevy dmx diesel #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
my brother called me this am.. his fuel filter housing assy is leaking at the primer.. no rebuild kit available.. new part is over 500$.. looking to find an aftermarket replacement, rebuild kit, or good salvage one for him.

01 chevy duramax diesel.

any ideas?

thanks

soundguy

/ need fuel filter housing for 01 chevy dmx diesel #2  
Soundguy,
Try this link -http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/

You can find repair kits and new filter / primer assembly's there.

E/S

/ need fuel filter housing for 01 chevy dmx diesel
hopefully an aftermarket vs new oem assy.. they want an arm and a leg for them.. hopefully they have an oring / seal kit for the same though..

thanks

soundguy

wow.. what a buggy search feature on that page!!

did you perhaps see a specific link or manufacturer that had those parts that has a link. I've looked it over and the search just bring up junk...

thanks

soundguy

THANKS GUYS!

/ need fuel filter housing for 01 chevy dmx diesel #7  
Soundguy,
The rebuild will usually do it. I will look in the am for more.

E/S

thanks, I'm discussing all the options and sources with my bro.. will let you guys know how it turns out.

soundguy

/ need fuel filter housing for 01 chevy dmx diesel #10  
I'm not Dmax expert, but seems like the experts on the Diesel Page like having addtional filtering and a lift pump (the Dmax has no lift pump, the HP pump does it all). I believe the guy to talk to is Kennedy of Kennedy Diesel, who may also be a member here on TBN.

Another manufacture of a similar product is FASS, who I used in the past for my father's 2004 Dodge Cummins when I replaced the stock lift pump.