Ford 4100 4 x 4

/ Ford 4100 4 x 4 #1  

jimb1

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135 4 x 4, Ford 4100 4 x 4, Ford 3000 4 x 4, Ford 1200 4 x 4.
Anyone know anything about the front hubs on the Ford 4100. Mine seems to have loose bearings, but on studying the service manual, it looks as if the bearings are straight ball bearings, not tapered, and therefore not adjustable. It looks as if I need new bearings (and therefore seals). Have to beg, borrow the tool to undo the stub-axle nut, so I want to know what to order before pulling it to bits - can't afford to have it out of action too long.

/ Ford 4100 4 x 4 #2  
Anyone know anything about the front hubs on the Ford 4100. Mine seems to have loose bearings, but on studying the service manual, it looks as if the bearings are straight ball bearings, not tapered, and therefore not adjustable. It looks as if I need new bearings (and therefore seals). Have to beg, borrow the tool to undo the stub-axle nut, so I want to know what to order before pulling it to bits - can't afford to have it out of action too long.

what is the hub doing because the bearings that hold the hub to the axle is also the steering knuckle some are held in with 3 bolts and some with 4 bolts there is a bearing ***. on top and bottom pictures would help

/ Ford 4100 4 x 4
Sorry - wasn't clear now that I read it again - it is the WHEEL bearings (i.e. the hub on the stub axle) that is/are loose - steering swivel bearings are as good as.

/ Ford 4100 4 x 4
Problem solved - they are non-adjustable Ball Races and a clearly worn. New ones ordered with felts and seals - thanks for the help.