Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal

/ Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal #1  

ADS

Tractor
1969 Ford 4500 Backhoe
Looking for power steering pump overhaul kit or just front seal. Leaking power steering fluid into crankcase.

/ Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal #2  
Looking for power steering pump overhaul kit or just front seal. Leaking power steering fluid into crankcase.

which pump do you have the square one or the one with the conister on the back of it but any NH dealer will have the seal are beable to get it the only reason i asked which pump you have is the one with the canister is easier to work on

/ Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal
Engine mounted PS pump with no attached reservor. Gear driven.

/ Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal #4  
Engine mounted PS pump with no attached reservor. Gear driven.

yea there all engine mounted and gear driven but you have the square style then most of them had a single douple lip seal that is no longer serviced and you just replace it with two single lip seals

/ Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal #6  
i have a ford 4500 backhoe and the power steering only works to the left can anyone give me some suggestions thanks for your help

/ Ford 4500 Backhoe Power Steering Pump Seal #7  
i have a ford 4500 backhoe and the power steering only works to the left can anyone give me some suggestions thanks for your help

Remove the front grill and look at the linkage. A couple of things could be wrong. Simplest would be that the small turnbuckle is worn or out of adjustment.
The next thing to look at is the arm that the draglink mounts to see if it turns independent (very slight movement) from the arm that the cylinder mounts. The upper arm is supposed to pivot on the lower arm, but it often rusts and freezes.
Check for just plain wornout pivots and linkage as the more slop, the less the steering valve can sense and open the steering valve tonassist in steering.
Last, the hydraulic cylinder could be leaking internally.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150625_212216.png
    ForumRunner_20150625_212216.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 3,792