Where to buy tires?

/ Where to buy tires? #1  

Doug_Norman

Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST
Just popped a front tire on my Kubota L3130 - forced me to take a beer break. I've decided to go ahead and replace both front tires. It got me to wondering where most tractor people go for tires. I typically go to my dealer for most things - attachments and the occasional repair. Do most of you go to your tractor dealer? The current tires happen to be Goodyear. Are there other brands I should consider?

/ Where to buy tires? #3  
I got my tires at the tire dealer who also patches industrial tires. We just look at the on line catalog and pick something out. The front tires were Firestones and the new ones are some cheap made in India tires. They are round and have tread. Nothing else to say about them. I guess if I slice the tires or the dry rot causes them to pop before the tread wears out then cheap tires may be cheaper than expensive American branded tires.

/ Where to buy tires? #4  
I found a good deal on ebay for the 16 inch ones. My rears 24 inch i got from an old time local dealer and resonable..I found online to be difficult. mostly the shipping kills the deal..

/ Where to buy tires? #5  
I go to my local tire shop - small town so I have one place unless I want to drive 35 miles. They give good service and price although their shop looks like it might collapse any day. Low overhead in more ways than one. As for tires, a major brand like Firestone (Bridgestone still keeps the name for ag) you can get like 3 tread styles in R-1 ag tires not including their radials. Titan took over Goodyear ag but still makes Goodyear tread pattern and Titan tread, also in different tread styles. Before I retired I had a tire mold made for a special compactor tire and was amazed at all the inserts there are in a mold for date codes, plant codes, brand name, etc. Those molds could be used all over the world - kind of a generic mold that fits certain tire plants. Still that is only the final mold for vulcanizing once the carcass is all built up, and that can be by vastly different processes.

/ Where to buy tires?
Thanks for all the info. My wife just had a great idea. She's going to check with our local equipment rental store to see where they get tires.