case ih jx1095c pto problem

/ case ih jx1095c pto problem #1  

EFCreek

Having an issue with pto on tractor. It will not "shut off". I have checked the linkage, and everything appears to be working correctly. Have even put the lever in the engaged position and turned the tractor off and the automatically puts the lever back in the "off" position but the pto is still engaged? Assuming that this is a bigger problem and internal--- any ideas?

/ case ih jx1095c pto problem #2  
does it have a hand pto clutch lever?

/ case ih jx1095c pto problem
Yes, it has a hand lever on the right side.

/ case ih jx1095c pto problem #4  
Having an issue with pto on tractor. It will not "shut off". I have checked the linkage, and everything appears to be working correctly. Have even put the lever in the engaged position and turned the tractor off and the automatically puts the lever back in the "off" position but the pto is still engaged? Assuming that this is a bigger problem and internal--- any ideas?

I believe you have an independent pto with a clutch that is actuated by a hydraulic device. This device is actuated either mechanically(with a linkage) or electrically via a solenoid valve.The valve that releases the pressure when you place the lever in the off position is not opening, or the clutch plates are warped and still making contact. Does the pto transmit torque with the pto lever in off position? If it does, the valve isn't releasing. If it doesn't then the plates are warped enough to cause the shaft to turn without any load on it. The later condition is not as serious as the former.

Thanks, I think you are narrowing it down. The pto has torque when lever is in the off position -- it is not what i would call a "lazy" pto that will stop if any load is applied. Sounds like the valve is not releasing -- any idea on how difficult this is to fix?

/ case ih jx1095c pto problem #6  
Thanks, I think you are narrowing it down. The pto has torque when lever is in the off position -- it is not what i would call a "lazy" pto that will stop if any load is applied. Sounds like the valve is not releasing -- any idea on how difficult this is to fix?

I'd go to the NH webite and look at the parts diagram for the pto that will show you where the valve or actuator is and you can get an idea of how hard it will be to get to. If it's an internal part, you'll need to have a shop manual.
If it's a solenoid actuated valve, it could be as simple as a stuck solenoid and that maye external.
I don't have one like it so I can't be of much help there. You could also go to the Case/IH forum and see if someone there can help. Since Case and NH are now the same company, the NH Forum may have some guys who can help (RickB) but I don't think that NH has a comparable model to the JX109.5.

Thanks for the advise, I think you have me pointed in the right direction. I have a lot more ideas than a couple days ago...... Thanks again.

/ case ih jx1095c pto problem #8  
Thanks for the advise, I think you have me pointed in the right direction. I have a lot more ideas than a couple days ago...... Thanks again.

Glad I was able to help. No one has all the answers but utilizing these forums allows you to tap into a lot of people's experience. I'm also a big proponent of habing the shop manuals for your tractor . It will help you trouble shoot because of the system descriptions and gives you the ifo on whether you can tackle the jb your self or send it somewhere for a repair. With shop rates in the $100/hr range, the firsttime you make a repair, you'll pay for the manuals. many shop manua;s are on CD's or downloadable for fee also.
Let me know if I can help you further.