Shop Manual for Bolen 174G

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G #1  

Clogball

Tractor
Bolen 174
'm trying to find a shop manual for my Bolen 174G tractor. I have searched the net but have not found any good sights. If you know where I might be able to order one please let me know.

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G #2  
Go and ask your question on Bolens, In the Iseki Forum. Iseki made Bolens and they will have a Ton of info for you. :thumbsup:

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G #4  
I had the 172G for a while. I found a good manual on ebay. It was a .pdf manual on a DVD. I loved having a digital manual. I've since sold the tractor and the manual with it.

Is there a specific issue you're trying to troubleshoot on your Bolens?

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G
I posted in the Bolen fourm but did not get any actionable feedback. My problem is the 3-point hitch. It started out responding very slowly when trying to raise it. Now, if it responds at all, it takes up to 5 minutes to respond when the lever is moved all the way to the raised position. I have seen posts that mentioned checking a screen but it did not mention where it was located.

I'm looking for a shop manual so that I'm not just pulling parts off that do not need to be removed. I will check eBay and see what I find. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G #6  
Yomax4 meant the Iseki tractor section of the forum, here. Your Bolens was built by Iseki, and is mechanically related to other Iseki machines.

The screen will be located behind a plate in the transmission housing somewhere. Find the hydraulic pump (It will have a big metal pipe and a smaller metal pipe coming out of it, and be on the side or front of the engine) and follow the bigger tube (this is the suction line) back to where it attaches into the transmission casing.

I suspect your filter screen will be behind the tube, but it might be adjacent (perhaps on a corner) behind another plate. There may also be a spin-on engine type filter somewhere too; I don't know. The owner's manual I have for that series doesn't mention anything about a hydraulic filter except it being something to clean if the hydraulic system is working slowly. (I don't own, and, in fact, have never even see one of these tractors) Having said that, the basic principles are all exactly the same, and the filter will be in that vicinity. Just follow the large tube back from the hydraulic pump.

Be forewarned: You'll need something like a 5 gallon pail to catch all the fluid in when you drain it, whether from the drain plug or the suction line. Good luck! Let us know how you do.

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G #7  
I'm going from memory here, but my Iseki TX1500 (the two wheel drive equivalent of the Bolens G174) did not have a spin on hydro filter. The pump is on the right side of the engine, and the suction line comes from the bottom right of the transmission housing. The suction line is the larger line that connects to the bottom of the hydraulic pump.

How does your hydro fluid look? Is it time to change your fluid anyway? The fluid capacity of the hydro reservoir is 13 quarts... TractorData.com Iseki TX1500 tractor information

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G
I found a manual on eBay. It shows a suction filter that is part of the bolt assembly that mounts the suction line to the transmission. I will be pulling it apart this week. I will also be draining the fluid out of the transmission and putting 80W fluid back in.

/ Shop Manual for Bolen 174G #9  
I found a manual on eBay. It shows a suction filter that is part of the bolt assembly that mounts the suction line to the transmission. I will be pulling it apart this week. I will also be draining the fluid out of the transmission and putting 80W fluid back in.

FYI, I always put "Universal Tractor Fluid" in mine when I had it. I don't know how that differs from 80W.