Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up #1  

swdavis3

i need all the advice i can get. i bought a kubota l245dt about a week ago. i have used it a few times and decided i wanted to wash it off. i degreased and power washed it. i then started and moved it out of the water puddle i created, i let it sit running for a few minutes while i worked on it. i shut it off to do some other cosmetic adjustments. i tried starting it a few hours later and the engine was locked up and didnt budge. i removed and tested the starter. i have tried pull starting it- no luck. i have pulled the oil pan and everything looks good. i have removed the glow plugs and the cylinders are clean and dry. i also removed the hyd pump to make sure it wasnt some how locked up. what other issues could it be.

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up #2  
Seat switch, PTO switch, gear lever if it is a gear model. If it is shuttle shift like mine make sure the clutch peddle switch is connected and making contact.

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up
this tractor dose not ahave any electrical safety features anymore. i know the starter is activating but the engine wont budge. i have pushed the clutch in and made sure the pto is disengaged. it is a manual trans. i have also put the high/low shifter in neutral to make sure that nothin in the trans could be affecting it. i have also put a 3/4 ratchet with a 4 cheater bar on the engine crank nut and it still would not budge

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up #4  
i need all the advice i can get. i bought a kubota l245dt about a week ago. i have used it a few times and decided i wanted to wash it off. i degreased and power washed it. i then started and moved it out of the water puddle i created, i let it sit running for a few minutes while i worked on it. i shut it off to do some other cosmetic adjustments. i tried starting it a few hours later and the engine was locked up and didnt budge. i removed and tested the starter. i have tried pull starting it- no luck. i have pulled the oil pan and everything looks good. i have removed the glow plugs and the cylinders are clean and dry. i also removed the hyd pump to make sure it wasnt some how locked up. what other issues could it be.

Wow, you did all that ?, almost call it a rebuild now.

Can you turn it over by hand now that you put it all back together ?

it still will not budge and is still in pieces in my shop. i have plans to remove the front of the engine to inspect the timing gears or chain. something has to be out of whack somewhere to cuase the sudden lock up. however i am still open to anybody elses opinion

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up #6  
Somebody else had some kind of lock like yours,,,, turned out to be a crank bearing.

I'll look see if I can find it.

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up #7  
Did you try to turn it over with the injectors out?

E/S

no but i tried turning it over with the glow plugs out

/ Kubota l245dt engine suddenly locked up #9  
after i halfway dismantled the entire engine. i thought i would call a local kubota dealer before i took anything else apart. he said he had seen a simiar issue and the problem was that the bolts that attach the loader bracket to the bell housing of the trans were going in too deep and pressing against the bellhousing. it just so happened that i replaced a stripped bolt in that exact location and apparently the new one was too long and was also pressing against the bell housing and locking up the whole motor. i thanked the dealer for his advice. knowing he was right with his guess. i reassembled the engine and loosened the bolt and i was back in business. thanks for everyones advice